Ads in the Windows 10 Mail App

OK, this is a first for me. Today, I saw Ads in a UWP for the first time.

It says: Get your Gmail on your phone because I have an G Suite Accout. That sucks.

Chris

Conversation 10 comments

• Chris_Kez

Premium Member
    04 December, 2019 - 9:35 am

<p>What is the ad for? Or is this a notification about the new feature in Outlook.com that lets you integrate a Gmail account? If it is the latter, one can debate whether that is an ad.</p>

• sherlockholmes

Premium Member
      04 December, 2019 - 9:37 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#494579">In reply to Chris_Kez:</a></em></blockquote><p><br></p><p>It takes you to a download site for the mail clients on Android And IOS. </p>

• wright_is

Premium Member
        04 December, 2019 - 10:08 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#494580">In reply to SherlockHolmes:</a></em></blockquote><p>Outlook for Android/iOS or the native GMail clients?</p>

• sherlockholmes

Premium Member
          04 December, 2019 - 10:17 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#494583">In reply to wright_is:</a></em></blockquote><p><br></p><p>https://w2.outlook.com/l/mobile?WT.mc_id=LeftNav**Universal**All**Gmail</p><p><br></p><p>Its actually the Outlook Mail App. Thats even more stupid. </p>

• gregsedwards

Premium Member
            04 December, 2019 - 4:54 pm

<blockquote><em><a href="#494586">In reply to SherlockHolmes:</a></em></blockquote><p><br></p><p>I saw this in my Mail app recently as well. Given it's just letting me know that I can also get the Outlook app for my mobile device, I'm not too worried about it. However, it sucks that (1) I can't hide it once I've seen it and (2) I already use the Outlook app on my iOS device AND it's tied to the same personal Microsoft and work/school accounts as the Mail app. You'd think there would be some logic in there that says "he's cool" and suppresses the ad.</p><p><br></p><p>Same for Groove music and the relentless Spotify ad there. I signed up, guys. Mission accomplished. Now kill the damn ad.</p>

• sherlockholmes

Premium Member
    04 December, 2019 - 11:36 am

<p>And the weird thing is, when you have more then one account, the text of the Ad changes too. Sometimes I hate Microsoft. </p>

• kevin_costa

04 December, 2019 - 6:33 pm

<p>I saw the same ad, and I have the Outlook Mail app installed on my Android, signed in with 1 Hotmail and 2 Gmail accounts on it. MS' software synergy is sometimes pretty bad. Now the ad is gone, lol.</p>

• Lordbaal

07 December, 2019 - 9:19 am

<p>This is not an ad.</p>

• sherlockholmes

Premium Member
      07 December, 2019 - 10:07 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#496227">In reply to Lordbaal:</a></em></blockquote><p>It directs you to a Microsoft download site. Its an ad. </p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC