Could the minimum storage increase on Windows 10 Cloud vs Windows 10 be a clue on restoring?

While listening to WIndows Weekly, Paul mentioned that the minimum hard drive space in a leaked document for WIndows 10 Cloud was 32/64gb for 32/64 bit installs and how that was larger than the 16/20gb for 32/64 bit installs required for Windows 10 currently.

I’m not 100% sure how updating and restoring works on Chromebooks, but I believe I read that they basically have another instance of the OS on a different partion or at least something local that greatly speeds up the time needed to restore or install updates.

I guess we’ll find out soon, but I was curious if this increase in specs could potentially be a related to something similar for a cloudbook?

Conversation 2 comments

• Dan1986ist

Premium Member
    27 April, 2017 - 3:47 pm

<p>About time the minimum disk size requirement was increased to 32 or 64 GB. 16 GB is barely enough for just Windows 10 itself, let alone any additional Win32 or store apps. </p>

• Sprtfan

27 April, 2017 - 4:39 pm

<blockquote><a href="#100523"><em>In reply to Dan1986ist:</em></a></blockquote><p>Yeah, the minimum was already to low and this might just be addressing that issue with out anything else going on. I had either a cheap laptop or tablet that required me to put in a SD card or USB drive to even upgrade to the Anniversary update if I remember right. At the very least I'd lose the ability to revert to the previous install if I didn't.</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC