Finally got offered the 1903 update

Four days after a cumulative update for 1809 took me to 17763.593, this morning the “you’re not ready yet” notice was absent and 1903 was offered to me . This is for a first generation Surface Studio. I suppose the CU may have had something to do with it, but maybe not. Are other owners of Studios (or any other Surface device, for that matter) finding that after the latest CU they also can now update from 1809 to 1903?

Conversation 5 comments

• simont

Premium Member
    02 July, 2019 - 4:34 pm

<p>For my Surface Pro 2017, it was firmware update and now I am offered 1903</p>

• jwpear

Premium Member
    02 July, 2019 - 6:09 pm

<p>Got it about a week or so ago on my SB2. Not sure what triggered it to move into the ready state. Have not gotten it on my NUC8i5. It recently started telling me the NUC is not yet ready, but it provides no detail on what the hold up is. The link to the page with a list of issues, but no way to cross reference with the machine, is just useless.</p>

• epguy40

03 July, 2019 - 8:52 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#439327">In reply to jwpear:</a></em></blockquote><p><br></p><p>could be driver related to your NUC8i5. obtain the latest drivers &amp; bios updates for it</p>

• jwpear

Premium Member
        03 July, 2019 - 11:33 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#439447">In reply to epguy40:</a></em></blockquote><p>All were up to date with exception of the Iris graphics driver. I've never been able to get Intel's installer to update it (claims I need the manufacturer's installer–which is Intel). Windows Update says it is up to date. I think Intel transitioned to modern driver model recently and that's why it won't update. Anyway, checked again last night and the 1903 update was offered. Kicked it off before I left for the office this morning. We'll see how it goes.</p>

• wright_is

Premium Member
      03 July, 2019 - 9:03 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#439327">In reply to jwpear:</a></em></blockquote><p>Intel have been rushing drivers out left right and centre in recent weeks. I believe there were some problems with them that were causing some Intel machines not to update.</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC