How to force update to 22H2 on Windows 11 for ARM.

After having one of my 7 Windows 11 Parallels VM’s self upgrade to Windows 11 22H2 I have been unable to get the remaining 6 VM’s to do the same until today.

In order to do this I followed the following steps:

In order to Force Windows 11 22H2 Feature Update, follow the instructions below:

1. Open the Local Group Policy via the start menu, or run “gpedit.msc”.
  2. Expand “Local Computer PolicyComputer ConfigurationAdministrative TemplatesWindows ComponentsWindows UpdateManage updates offered from Windows Update”
  3. Open “Select the target Feature Update version”
  4. Set the first field (Which Windows product version would you like to receive feature updates for), to “Windows 11”
  5. Set the second field (Target Version for Feature Updates) to “22H2”.
  6. Click Apply, Click Ok, close the windows.
  7. Either restart the system, or run “gpupdate /force” to force the system to see the settings.
  8. Check for Windows Update (From Microsoft Update if you’re using WSUS), you should now see the update available. You may need to check a few times and/or restart the system again.
  9. Install the Feature Upgrade, and then go back to the setting and set to “Not Configured” to ensure you receive future feature upgrades.

This was taken from this website: https://www.stephenwagner.com/2022/11/09/how-to-force-windows-11-22h2-feature-update

After following these steps all my VM’s got upgraded to 22H2 without being in the preview ring(s).

I suspect this will work for Intel and Arm based windows 11 systems

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC