After having one of my 7 Windows 11 Parallels VM’s self upgrade to Windows 11 22H2 I have been unable to get the remaining 6 VM’s to do the same until today.
In order to do this I followed the following steps:
In order to Force Windows 11 22H2 Feature Update, follow the instructions below:
- Open the Local Group Policy via the start menu, or run “gpedit.msc”.
- Expand “Local Computer PolicyComputer ConfigurationAdministrative TemplatesWindows ComponentsWindows UpdateManage updates offered from Windows Update”
- Open “Select the target Feature Update version”
- Set the first field (Which Windows product version would you like to receive feature updates for), to “Windows 11”
- Set the second field (Target Version for Feature Updates) to “22H2”.
- Click Apply, Click Ok, close the windows.
- Either restart the system, or run “gpupdate /force” to force the system to see the settings.
- Check for Windows Update (From Microsoft Update if you’re using WSUS), you should now see the update available. You may need to check a few times and/or restart the system again.
- Install the Feature Upgrade, and then go back to the setting and set to “Not Configured” to ensure you receive future feature upgrades.
This was taken from this website: https://www.stephenwagner.com/2022/11/09/how-to-force-windows-11-22h2-feature-update
After following these steps all my VM’s got upgraded to 22H2 without being in the preview ring(s).
I suspect this will work for Intel and Arm based windows 11 systems