I was just offered 1809

My Intel NUC was just offered “Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809.” (I guess Microsoft doesn’t use the October 2018 Update naming anymore because, you know, problems.) With the understanding that I had already upgraded most of my PCs, this is the first time I’ve seen this update delivered organically.

Conversation 9 comments

• cheetahdriver

Premium Member
    16 December, 2018 - 8:38 am

<p>I got this on both of my Lenovo portables Friday the 14th, and my Desktop Dell Area51 got it on the 15th. I had actually about given up on getting it before the next update came out (and honestly thought about nix'ing it since all of my computers are running Pro). One of the last SP3's we have deployed got it too. There have been some issues with remote desktop, but I am not entirely sure they aren't with our contractor instead of 1809.</p>

• jules_wombat

16 December, 2018 - 12:48 pm

<p>I received it, as a System update, last Tuesday.</p>

• robincapper

16 December, 2018 - 3:01 pm

<p>My Book 2 just got it last week, then new 8GB Surface Go got it (without 'seeking')on first boot way back in October before the halt.</p>

• Bdsrev

16 December, 2018 - 4:41 pm

<p>Paul serious question: don't you think they should have paused 1809 rollout until after the holidays? Isn't half of Microsoft on vacation? Rolling out 1809 when half the employees are on vacation is just not worth the risk</p>

• madpapist

Premium Member
    16 December, 2018 - 8:18 pm

<p>My Lenovo 920 received the update on 12/11. Now the screen brightness is non-responsive after waking from sleep . Luckily this is corrected by a restart. A couple of random freezes have occurred as well requiring a hard power off and back on. Considering a rollback to 1803. Then an upgrade to Pro to prevent 1809 from being re-applied. This update may cost me $99.00 :(</p><p><br></p><p> Gotta love Windows as a service. Now Microsoft can screw up my system twice a year instead of once every 3 years.</p>

• lethalleigh

16 December, 2018 - 8:22 pm

<p>I have a desktop and two laptops that are getting long in the tooth. After using 1809 on my new laptop for a while I decided to roll the dice and update the older devices. While they were rather slow all three updated without issue and appear to be running just fine.</p><p>For these three older machines to be running well hopefully means MS have addressed the issues with 1809.</p>

• dcdevito

17 December, 2018 - 10:52 pm

<p>I saw something similar in Windows update, installed, rebooted, but still in 1803. Windows Update doesn't show the update any longer. Weird. </p>

• NoFlames

04 January, 2019 - 7:38 pm

<p>I just updated an older laptop to 1803 and it claimed it was up to date. When I tried to install 1809 from ISO, it would always fail without a good explanation. I instead switched that laptop to insider program and it offered the experimental build and installed it without any issues. </p>

• skborders

04 January, 2019 - 9:27 pm

<p>I was recently offered it on my Surface 3.</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC