IE 11 no longer allows certain files to be automatically opened

Just noticed that I can no longer set windows to automatically open .mkv files. It still allows .mp4 files to be opened, so why the change?

Conversation 6 comments

• rameshthanikodi

23 July, 2017 - 4:59 am

<p>sorry to ask but why are you even using IE11?</p>

• anchovylover

23 July, 2017 - 7:19 am

<blockquote><a href="#151834"><em>In reply to FalseAgent:</em></a></blockquote><p>It's a damn better browser than Edge so why not! </p>

• rameshthanikodi

23 July, 2017 - 8:01 am

<blockquote><a href="#151852"><em>In reply to anchovylover:</em></a></blockquote><p>you have got to be kidding me….</p>

• anchovylover

23 July, 2017 - 8:21 am

<blockquote><a href="#151879"><em>In reply to FalseAgent:</em></a></blockquote><p>Nope…Edge is the anchor that will drag W10 S into the abyss!</p>

• rameshthanikodi

23 July, 2017 - 11:33 am

<blockquote><a href="#151883"><em>In reply to anchovylover:</em></a></blockquote><p>someone please stab me in the eye.</p>

• Frederick McDonnell

23 July, 2017 - 1:02 pm

<blockquote><a href="#151834"><em>In reply to FalseAgent:</em></a><em> </em></blockquote><blockquote>First of all, why do you care what browser I use? Second, guess what…it is the same for Edge too. Third, if you do not want to post a useful reply, then just don't post. And last…Stabbady stab stab stab… lol</blockquote><blockquote>To answer your question though, simple, some addons I use just do not work with edge or chrome well. Probably the only reason IE 11 is still around. BTW Paul, IE 11 does not work well with your site.</blockquote><p><br></p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC