New Search in Windows 10

https://www.imagebam.com/view/ME9RB7S

I dont like it. Hopefully I find a way to disable it. Sorry Microsoft, I would be very grateful if you would focus on make Windows 10 better, not to add more crap to it.

Conversation 5 comments

• navarac

01 May, 2022 - 1:08 pm

<p>That is B awful. I’m sure someone in MSFT is going gangbusters to destroy Windows as we know it. Joe Belfiore was tasked to monetise it back in the day. Don’t know whether he is still there.</p>

• hrlngrv

Premium Member
    01 May, 2022 - 3:38 pm

<p>| <em>I would be very grateful if you would focus on make Windows 10 better, not to add more crap to it.</em></p><p><br></p><p>You want the <em>old</em> MSFT. The <strong>new</strong> MSFT throws whatever it can against any &amp; all walls to see what sticks. Makes a helluva mess.</p>

• rob_segal

Premium Member
    01 May, 2022 - 9:55 pm

<p>I wouldn’t say this is awful, but this doesn’t make search simpler and more useful. It makes search look more cluttered. Even if Microsoft wants to integrate Bing searches into the results, there’s a simpler way to lay it out.</p>

• hrlngrv

Premium Member
      02 May, 2022 - 12:37 am

<p>Maybe there’s a better layout, but the new design is almost certainly the average of the cardboard mock ups from the focus groups.</p><p><br></p><p>DATA TRUMPS ALL, especially design sense.</p>

• SherlockHolmes

Premium Member
    02 May, 2022 - 8:07 am

<p>I found a way to disable web results in Windows Search. At least on Windows 10 Enterprise (E3) you can disable it in group policies. Nice. </p>

Newsletter

Stay up to date with the latest tech news from Thurrott.com!

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2023 BWW Media Group