No Service for Cellular Connectivity on Dell Latitude 7210 running Windows 10 22H2

Good Day All

I am hoping to get some assistance with a problem I am having with an otherwise fully functional Dell Latitude 7210 2 in 1 tablet running Windows 10 22H2 with all applicable drivers installed.

Specifically, I installed a WWAN card (Dell 5821e (SIM & eSIM) in the allocated m.2 slot attached the two antennas as directed. Upon bootup the drivers loaded with no problem (received from Dell Command update); Device Manager showed that the WWAN card was recognized with no problem.

I then shutdown and installed a T Mobile data SIM I knew to be active and in service in an area with verifiable cell signal. Nonetheless when I powered up the SIM was recognized (T-Mobile listed in the Networking settings page) but 0 out of five bars one the signal meter were illuminated and instead of ‘Connected’ or ‘Disconnected’ it reads ‘No Service.’ I shutdown, changed the SIM to another carrier, checked the WWAN antenna connections, no change. I replaced the WWAN antenna module and still no effect.

I just wanted to to see if anyone else has ever had this problem. I still think it is an antenna problem, but outside of replacing the WiFi antenna module, not really sure what else I can do, any thoughts would be appreciated, thank you in advance and Happy Holidays.

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC