Oh hey cool, another version of Windows 10

Paul must be delighted. Windows 10 pro for Workstations. Rolls right off the tongue.

It doesn’t seem to bother Brad in the slightest (at least that’s not how the post reads)

Conversation 7 comments

• Brad Sams

Premium Member
    10 August, 2017 - 7:04 pm

<p>It doesnt really bother me as this is something I think they needed and wont be used by many; still though, it does add more complexity to the SKU waters.</p>

• Nic

Premium Member
      11 August, 2017 - 9:35 am

<blockquote><a href="#165928"><em>In reply to brad-sams:</em></a></blockquote><p>Have you checked in with Paul to ensure that he's not had a stroke or something at seeing the bonus sku?</p>

• offTheRecord

11 August, 2017 - 5:05 am

<p><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">I feel like Windows users are now just part of a continuous Microsoft experiment. </span>As a business, most of what we do with our PCs is "mission critical and compute intensive." The few PCs we have that still run Windows are running Windows 10 Pro. Is Microsoft trying to tell us that Windows 10 Pro is no longer adequate?</p>

• MikeGalos

11 August, 2017 - 11:59 am

<blockquote><a href="#165969"><em>In reply to offTheRecord:</em></a></blockquote><p>This is a product for high end compute-intense workstations. If you have been hitting RAM limits and storage limits and processor core limits and need reliability enough that current state of the computer survives a power outage enough to be willing to buy new systems using NVDIMM modules then this is for you. If not, you probably don't need it.</p>

• offTheRecord

11 August, 2017 - 4:12 pm

<blockquote><a href="#166028"><em>In reply to MikeGalos:</em></a></blockquote><p>I definitely know we don't need it.</p>

• Winner

11 August, 2017 - 6:38 pm

<p>One Windows Baby!</p><p>Glad to hear the marketing team is keeping the busy-work going!</p>

• Dan1986ist

Premium Member
      11 August, 2017 - 9:51 pm

<blockquote><a href="#166117"><em>In reply to Winner:</em></a></blockquote><p>One kernel many SKUs is what the slogan should be. </p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC