The Guardian kills for Windows 10 phone and desktop app

https://www.theguardian.com/help/insideguardian/2017/nov/23/retiring-the-guardian-app-for-windows-10-phone-and-desktop

Comments (14)

14 responses to “The Guardian kills for Windows 10 phone and desktop app”

1. jimchamplin

Oh, the Guardian?

No real loss.

2. rameshthanikodi

Remember back when everyone thought mobile apps were going to replace the mobile web? Good times.

3. Luis_Sohal

Call on &&**866).(877).(9859)__++

#Outlook Support Number

#Micrsosoft Support Number

#Outlook Password 

#OutlookSupport 

#HotmailPasswordRecovery

#OutlookandMicrosoft Support Phone Number

Call ***866).(877).(9859>>>

outlooksupport.net

4. rob_segal

Is there a purpose for UWP without a living, breathing mobile OS? I doubt it. Worse than the Guardian killing their app is the lack of new UWP apps from major app developers. I keep an eye on the store and can't remember the last time major UWP apps launched, if such a time actually existed. There are more Centennial apps that are interesting than there are UWP apps, it seems like.

• skane2600

In reply to rob_segal:

I guess my perspective is different. I couldn't care less about "major" apps on any mobile platform because the mobile experience is almost always inadequate. What I miss on my WP is commercial apps from airlines, restaurants etc. Those apps are fairly simple so the mobile compromise is less of an issue. Those kind of mobile apps are important to me because the mobile browser experience is also inadequate.

Leave a Reply