true diaster: within 30 minutes, two of my Win 10 compuers keep flashing the screen

They are both on Windows insider program, one on RS4 and one on RS5. Both have been working perpectly. Then withing 30 minutes, both screen started flashing. It was like living in a bad dream.

I am going to reinstall both computers with 17/09 tomorrow. Hope it will not take much time since both have SSD and my files are all on one drive.

Conversation 2 comments

• wright_is

Premium Member
    10 April, 2018 - 2:19 am

<p>Do they perhaps have the same video card / video chip from the same family? It could be a driver conflict.</p><p>I've had that a few times, once with Skylake built-in graphics (Firefox couldn't display pages properly), a conflict between external docking stations and Skylake graphics (de-installing the video driver for the docking station stopped the problems) and a couple of AMD graphics cards after a driver update.</p><p>That said, both are on builds for beta testers, so it isn't unusual that problems crops up.</p>

• Jason Liao

10 April, 2018 - 6:16 pm

<p>Thank you, wright_is. I think Microsoft must have pushed out some faulty drivers. Otherwise, how can two computers have the same problem within 30 minutes?</p><p><br></p><p>I am spending this evening to reinstall Windows.</p><p> </p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC