we can’t activate windows on this device windows 10 insiders preview

This is not the RTM. This is the insiders build. I already have the insiders build on a older PC, for like 3 years with no problems, but wanted to try it on my new PC. 

Now I can’t activate it.

So how can I activate it on my new PC?

This is the insiders, not the RTM. Should be no reason why it can’t activate.

Conversation 2 comments

• jimchamplin

Premium Member
    28 September, 2018 - 10:09 am

<p>Have you activated any build of Windows on that PC? That is, if it’s a new PC, did you power it up and sign into the install of Windows that came with it? If so it should be tied to your account. Phone activation should work to fix this.</p><p><br></p><p>If you powered it on and immediately blew away the installed copy to get the Insider build, then it’s going to attempt to <em>transfer</em> your existing license. The edition of Windows must match what shipped with it, and signing in as a local user first should activate it using the credentials in EFI. </p><p><br></p><p>Insider builds require valid activation too. Only the pre-release builds before 1507 were gratis. </p><p><br></p><p>Edit: Clarity</p>

• lordbaal1

03 October, 2018 - 9:28 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#329836">In reply to jimchamplin:</a></em></blockquote><p>This was a brand new PC build.</p><p>This is the insiders, so phone activation&nbsp;won't work.</p><p>Insiders should always get activated without any problems.</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC