Windows 10 Pro N @ Paul

Hi Paul,

a few days ago I had to reinstall Windows 10 Pro on my main machine. Since I live in Germany I thought I could test to install Windows 10 Pro N since it was designed for the European market. And it worked.

The beauty of Windows 10 Pro N is, it comes without the crapware. And whats even nicer is: It comes without Windows 10 Mixed Reality Portal.

So what you get is a really clean Windows 10 install. After you have uninstalled the Windows Store and alld installed Apps via Powershell, you really have a plain Windows, just with Edge and Cortana.

The only downside is: It also comes without Windows Media Player. But you can download it from Microsoft.

I would like to hear what you think of it and I like to hear your thoughts on trying it.

Sherlock Holmes

Conversation 4 comments

• wright_is

Premium Member
    15 August, 2018 - 7:40 am

<p>The whole point of N is that it comes without Windows Media Player. But yes, they also don't install some of the other gunk either.</p><p>Where abouts in Germany are you? I'm in Niedersachsen.</p>

• SherlockHolmes

Premium Member
      15 August, 2018 - 7:58 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#301786">In reply to wright_is:</a></em></blockquote><p>Im near Cologne. Its nice that you have a little less to uninstall after a fresh install 🙂 </p>

• Paul Thurrott

Premium Member
    15 August, 2018 - 9:54 am

<p>I'm interested. I never use Windows Media Player either, so that's not an issue.</p><p><br></p><p>I'll see if I can actually install this somehow, thanks.</p>

• SherlockHolmes

Premium Member
      15 August, 2018 - 10:09 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#301805">In reply to paul-thurrott:</a></em></blockquote><p>Its just something I found really interesting for people who dont like the Windows 10 junk at all. </p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC