Windows 11 ads

Is anybody starting to get ads either in notifications or the Start Menu that Windows 11 is coming? Seems iffy that Microsoft can just push more ads about their own software onto all their users.

And what really annoys me is the PC I am getting these ads on can’t even run Windows 11 as the CPU is too old.

Comments (11)

11 responses to “Windows 11 ads”

1. navarac

No - I use Stardocks Start10 on my only Windows (Gaming) PC. It stops those shenanigans.

2. navarac

However, Todays (15 Jul 21) Build 22000.71 introduces adverts to Widgets in the form of a widget to send you to the Microsoft Store. Needless to say, I have Widgets disabled in the System Registry.

3. samp

I got two ads, a couple days after it was announced, that W11 was coming. If I remember correctly, it said something on the lines of "check your PC is eligible", which mine was.

4. Alastair Cooper

What do you imagine would stop them given that it's software they've created?

5. sherlockholmes

Thank god I am running Windows 10 Enterprise and I have turned them off.

6. Paul Thurrott

I actually saw this ad in Windows 11. :)

7. hrlngrv

| Seems iffy that Microsoft can just push more ads about their own software onto all their users.

Point to anything in the EULA which would prevent MSFT from displaying ads in Windows or MSFT application software.

If we're talking US contract law, anything not explicitly prohibited is permitted.

Leave a Reply