Windows 1909

Ok,

Installing 1909 from 1903 is very quick. Seems like a small update, Took only 5 min on my system with 2 reboots. I like updates like that.

Conversation 7 comments

• sentinel6671

Premium Member
    13 November, 2019 - 1:49 am

<p>Same for me…I could get used to this :)</p>

• ghostrider

13 November, 2019 - 2:52 am

<p>1909 is more of a service pack – not a full OS upgrade, so should apply quicker. 20H1 will be a full OS upgrade, with all the risks and pain that go along with it… Maybe MS have learnt something from their pretty disastrous last couple of years, but I wouldn't bet on it.</p><p><br></p><p>We have a couple of 1803 installations in the house, now out of support. Neither are being offered any form of upgrade. I'm damned if I'm going to waste my time rebuilding them from scratch.</p>

• pherbie

Premium Member
    13 November, 2019 - 5:30 am

<p>Amazing. 3 mins plus a reboot. Learn from this Microsoft. We like this.</p>

• Paul Thurrott

Premium Member
    13 November, 2019 - 7:48 am

<p>It's not a feature update, it's just a cumulative update, so it installs that way. I wish it was always that easy.</p>

• warren

13 November, 2019 - 1:17 pm

<p>It only takes a couple of minutes, sure, but you also don't get a lot of stuff.</p><p><br></p><p>What actually kind of sucks is that there's a bunch of small 20H1 features that are done and ready for release, but we'll have to wait several more months for because Microsoft chose to avoid making changes in 19H2. For example:</p><ul><li>Renaming virtual desktops</li><li>Active connection list on the "Network status" page</li><li>Disk type and GPU temperature in Task Manager's Performance tab</li><li>Ability to log in with a PIN in Safe Mode</li></ul><p><br></p><p><br></p><p><br></p><p><br></p><p><br></p>

• ErichK

Premium Member
    13 November, 2019 - 9:20 pm

<p>Yikes. The update to 1909 on my laptop went fine, but on my gaming rig it killed my Internet connection. Had to reset the network settings and reboot, now everything seems okay.</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC