Epic said today that its PC game store, the Epic Game Store, now has over 100 million customers. The company credits the success in part on its strategy of giving away games each week, and it says that it will continue to do so throughout 2020.
“In 2020 we’ll continue to lead the way in open and developer-friendly store terms, with 88 percent revenue sharing, support for developer and publisher payment systems, and keyless purchasing integration with Humble (more PC stores coming soon),” the announcement post notes. “Epic is also helping developers support cross-platform play using the tools we built for Fortnite, with online play across PC, Mac, PlayStation, Xbox, Switch, iOS, and Android.”
As for its Game Store, Epic provided the following numbers:
- 108 million Epic Game Store customers overall
- $680 million spent by PC gamers in the Epic Game Store
- $251 million spent on third-party games in the Epic Game Store
- 73 free games given away in 2019
- 200+ million free games claimed by customers
- The average rating of all the free games in 80 percent
The most popular games in the Epic Game Store in 2019 were World War Z, Satisfactory, Dauntless, Untitled Goose Game, and The Outer Worlds, Epic says.
Tagged with Epic Games