Microsoft’s brand-new, ARM-based Surface Pro device, the Surface Pro X, launched this week. And just a day after the launch of the device, Microsoft has started delivering firmware updates to address some of the early complaints on the device.
The new firmware update focuses on improving battery life and improving system stability.
Here is the changelog:
- Surface UEFI: 3.444.140.0 improves system stability.
- Surface System Aggregator:18.104.22.168 improves battery performance.
- Surface Pro X Integration: 22.214.171.124 improves stability when in hibernation.
- Microsoft SQ1 Adreno 685 GPU: 26.18.800.0 improves system stability.
- Surface Pro X Power Engine Plug-in Device:1.0.0800.0 improves system stability.
The update interestingly includes a firmware update for Microsoft’s custom SQ1 chip’s Adreno 685 GPU, which the company built in partnership with Qualcomm. If you have a Surface Pro X, have the new firmware updates led to any significant improvements in the system stability?