OnePlus 6 owners are getting a free update this week that adds Portrait Mode to the front-facing camera and several other improvements.
The updates come as part of OxygenOS 5.1.6, which the firm refers to as an “incremental update.” It is delivered over the air (OTA) via the System updates interface in Settings.
Two of the biggest improvements in this release are camera-related.
First, the front-facing camera now supports a Portrait Mode, similar to the rear-facing camera. This works as expected: The Camera app now offers Video, Photo, and Portrait options for both cameras. And Portrait Mode photos taken with the front-facing camera blur the background nicely, too.
The Camera was also updated with a new preview for the Light Bokeh effect when using Portrait Mode with the rear camera.
Here’s the rest of what’s new:
- Enable Idea VoLTE services in India
- Fixed stability issues for Dual Sim Cards
- Optimized call clarity
- Support battery percentage in the status bar
- Improved ringtone volume and sound quality
- Now able to schedule Do Not Disturb(DND) mode
- Added Dual-4G network option in SIM & network settings
- Optimized power consumption and improved system stability
- Added smart answer for Bluetooth – automatically answer incoming calls when connecting to Bluetooth devices
OnePlus says it is also working on a fix for a recently-discovered bootloader vulnerability that will rollout in a coming incremental update.
I’m working on my review of the OnePlus 6 now.