Those still pining for Windows phone may find solace in Launcher 10, an Android launcher that emulates the Windows 10 Mobile look and feel.
“Launcher 10 is a fast and highly customizable launcher for Android which is styled similar to Windows Mobile devices,” the official app description notes. “This app will change your home screen to look like a Windows device.”
For those not familiar with Android, Google allows users to replace their launcher—essentially the home screen—with the alternative of their choosing. I tend to prefer the stock Pixel launcher on my Pixel 2 XL, but I have been testing the Microsoft Launcher recently.
Launcher 10 is more of a throw-back launcher, and it replaces the normal Android home screen with its grid of icons and a dock with a Windows Mobile 10-like grid of live tiles. These tiles appear to look and work as you’d expect, and there’s even an All Apps screen to the right of the home screen, as on Windows 10 Mobile.
A recently-released 2.1 update adds the following new features:
- Many bug fixes, reliability and performance improvements
- Notification live tiles will now show a background image (if the notification has an image)
- You can now choose the size of the icon for each tile (either normal, fill, fit or crop)
- New “Rotate Screen & Scale Tiles to Fit” option
- New Start Screen margin preference to add space to the sides of you start screens
- Live tile calendar events will only be shown if you have that calendar enabled/visible in your calendar app
I won’t be testing this, but if this interests you, you can download Launcher 10 from the Google Play Store. It’s free, but has ads and in-app purchases.