OnePlus has released Oxygen OS 9.5 for the OnePlus 7 Pro, adding several improvements to the camera experience.
“We are starting to push the incremental roll-out of OxygenOS 9.5,” OnePlus announced this week. “Thanks for the overwhelming amount of feedback we received both positive and constructive from users of the OnePlus 7 Pro’s triple camera, both from within the media and our own community. OnePlus is committed to building products for and with our users. We value your voice.”
The changes and fixes in this update include:
- Optimized Double Tap to Wake and Ambient Display
- Fixed an issue that causes an audio delay with the Bluetooth headset when playing games
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Improved image quality in HDR scenarios
- Improved image quality in low light
- Fixed white balance issue in several scenarios
- Fixed focus issue in several scenarios
What’s interesting to me about this is that, in my own expanding tests, I’ve found that the OnePlus 7 Pro’s low-light photography experience is actually pretty excellent and, in some cases, is even better than that of the Google Pixel 3a XL. The only real issues I’ve had are with the 3x optical zoom, which is blurry and underwhelming in my experience.
I’ll keep testing.