OnePlus announced this week that the Android 11-based OxygenOS 11 is now rolling out for OnePlus 8 Pro and OnePlus 8 owners.
“With a fresh new design to empower more efficiency for your overall experience in big screen, OxygenOS is a step forward for both OnePlus and for our users,” OnePlus announced. “From our first OxygenOS 11’s Developer Preview back in August, where we shared an early version to our most technically-inclined community members, to this stable release, we’ve been gradually rolling out features to let our users first experience them and share feedback with our team. We have heard your voice—be it positive or negative—and squashed bugs and improved overall stability, providing users with a fast and smooth experience, in fresh yet familiar OxygenOS.”
Key updates include:
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details.
- Brand-new weather UI supports dynamic switches between sunrise and sunset. You can have day and night at your hand now.
- Optimized stability on some third-party applications and improved user experience.
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience.
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram and WhatsApp. (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out.
- Added Always-on ambient Display function, custom Schedule/All day option included. (To set: Settings > Display > Ambient Display)
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data. (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Newly added 10 new clock styles. (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. (To set: Settings > Display > Dark Mode > Turn on automatically > Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise/Custom time range.)
- Added 5 new themes (ocean, space, grassland, and so on), and more timing options.
- Included the Group feature in Zen Mode, now you can invite your friends and enable the Zen Mode together.
- Story function supported, automatically forming weekly videos with photos and video in storage.
- Loading speed optimized, and the image preview is now faster.
If you do have a OnePlus 8 or OnePlus 8 Pro, you can upgrade to Oxygen 11 by navigating to Settings > System > System Update. Just make sure the handset’s battery level is above 30 percent and that it has at least 3 GB of available storage space first.
And yes, OxygenOS 11 will be made available for other OnePlus handsets—including the OnePlus 7T Pro, OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 7Pro, OnePlus 7, OnePlus 6T, OnePlus 6 and OnePlus Nord—in “the future,” OnePlus says.