Microsoft has announced a limited new Visio on iPad Insider Program that will help bring Microsoft’s diagramming solution to Apple’s tablets. But you need to act fast if you want to join.
So, on that note, if the thought of “Visio on iPad” is exciting to you, go here first and sign-up. Microsoft is only accepting 2000 people for this first phase of testing.
Here’s what we know so far.
Visio is coming to the iPad. It will work on all iPads, from the iPad mini to the iPad Pro, and it will require iOS 9 or newer. It will be available in at least English, Chinese, French, German, Russian, and Spanish, during the pre-release period. You will need to sign-in with a Microsoft account.
Some key features include:
- View files from OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, or SharePoint, or files received as email attachments
- The Pan and Zoom experience is optimized for a small touch screen
- Turn the visibility of layers on or off
- Copy the current view of a Visio diagram as an image and paste it in another app
- Share a file as a link or attachment
- Find text in a shape
- AirPrint a Visio file
The first pre-release version of Visio for iPad is expected this month or September, latest. And the initial public release will follow, though Microsoft says its not sure of the timing yet. The first release of the app in the Apple Store will be available to everyone for free, Microsoft says.
And if you don’t get in immediately, no worries: Microsoft will invite more people into the Visio on iPad Insider Program in the future as well. You can watch the new Visio on iPad Insider Program forums on Microsoft Answers for more information.