Last night, Microsoft released Windows 10 Insider Preview build 14388 for both PC and Mobile. As you should expect given where we are in the schedule, this build includes only fixes, and no new features.
“This build has 44 new fixes in it including a bunch of fixes to improvement reliability and battery life and improvements to accessibility,” Microsoft’s Dona Sarkar notes in the announcement post.
Some of the notable fixes for Windows 10 for PCs include:
- A fix for an issue where Narrator keyboard shortcuts would not work after locking the PC and then logging back in and navigating to the desktop.
- A fix for an issue where Narrator would not read the date and time correctly in Settings.
- A fix for a TPM driver crash that could result in a blue screen.
Meanwhile, some of the notable fixes for Mobile include:
- A fix for an issue that cause the keyboard to not show up consistently in InPrivate mode on Microsoft Edge.
- A fix for an issue that could result in an app getting into a state after being suspended where it would be unable to launch until rebooting the device.
As Dona notes, we’re “getting down to the wire.” There are just two and a half weeks to go until the August 2 launch.
Meanwhile, Mary Jo and I met Dona … and the ninja cat!
Tagged with Windows 10 Mobile