Microsoft has released the first build of Edge 86 to the Dev channel, and it looks like it’s going to bring a ton of new features.
“Today we’re releasing build 86.0.587.0 to the Dev channel,” Microsoft’s Josh Bodner writes in a post to the Microsoft Edge Insider community blog. “This is the first release for version 86, and there’s a lot to talk about!”
There sure is. Here’s what’s new.
- Re-enabled support for searching in the sidebar in PDFs now that the functionality has been fixed.
- Added the ability to use a custom image as the new tab page background.
- Added the ability to add items to Collections from InPrivate windows.
- Added a toggle to the InPrivate new tab page to always use Strict Tracking Prevention in InPrivate.
- Added support for Read Aloud on PDFs on ARM devices.
- Added dark theme to the Pinning Wizard.
- Added a button to delete certain address bar suggestions.
- Added the ability to re-order extension buttons that are in the … menu via the keyboard.
- Added a management policy for Enterprise Mode Site List Manager Allowed, which controls whether or not users can access the Enterprise Mode Site List themselves. Note that administrative templates will be updated later for all new policies.
- Added a management policy for New Tab Page Allowed Background Types to configure which types of images are allowed on new tabs.
- Added a management policy to Force Sync.
- Enabled support for the Chromium User Agent Client Hints Enabled management policy.
- Enabled support for the Chromium Default Search Provider Context Menu Access Allowed management policy.
- Re-enabled support for the Chromium management policy to Enable SHA-1 For Local Anchors.
- Finished rolling out Picture Dictionary to all Canary and Dev users.
Aside from all that, Microsoft says that Edge 86 also includes various reliability improvements and bug fixes.