We Help Wednesday 10/4

Questions for the show? Drop them here!

Conversation 7 comments

• Rycott

Premium Member
    03 October, 2017 - 7:10 pm

<p>Not so much a request for help as a tip that might help out others.</p><p><br></p><p>I use a free tool when repairing Windows at work that works a treat on a heap of different issues.</p><p><br></p><p>'Windows All-In-One Repair Tool' by Tweaking.com. It works wonders on fixing up issues with windows as it can reset and repair a lot of back-end problems in Windows. <span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">Registry Errors, File Permissions Problems, Windows Updates Issues and more.</span></p><p><br></p><p><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">It also can run some DISM commands much more simply that will check for corrupt system files. This works better on Windows 8 and 10 as the DISM command can actually download the corrupt files from Windows Update to fix them.</span></p><p><br></p><p><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">It was also my go to tool when the big upgrades from 7 and 8 to 10 were happening. Tell it to go to town and most of the upgrade issues disappeared as it fixed errors that had come along from the previous OS.</span></p><p><br></p><p>I am in no way affiliated with these guys I just find it super useful.</p><p><br></p><p>You can grab it free from Tweaking.com.</p><p><br></p><p>Direct link is: http://www.tweaking.com/content/page/windows_repair_all_in_one.html</p><p><br></p&gt;

• helix2301

Premium Member
    04 October, 2017 - 7:30 am

<p>Paul and Brad cover a lot of Google news and Android news but never really speak about YouTube news (app updates, site redesign) just wondering why since YouTube is a major part of Google. I know Paul has been testing YouTube TV I thought YouTube would get more coverage. Thank You.</p>

• Polycrastinator

04 October, 2017 - 8:36 am

<p>Has Paul ever thought about creating some sort of Storify/Tweet collection after events? I understand why he doesn't want to liveblog these things, but it would be nice for those who are busy at the time to be able to go back and see what he was saying.</p>

• Dan1986ist

Premium Member
    04 October, 2017 - 12:51 pm

<p>OneDrive Files on Demand, as we all are aware is supposed to ship with Version 1709. However Build 16299.15 doesn't have any option to enable Files On Demand in the OneDrive settings UI, even though placeholders are enabled in the OneDrive registry key. Any idea why that could be?</p>

• kshsystems

Premium Member
    04 October, 2017 - 1:03 pm

<p>Microsoft has been making a push for "Mixed Reality", yet I have yet to see any new UI for the end user. how is the average user going to know or care about this new Fall Creators Update MR support?</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC