We Help Wednesday 5/23

Questions for the show? Drop them here!

Comments (5)

5 responses to “We Help Wednesday 5/23”

1. Simard57

Brad

name is pronounced Sim (like in a cell phone) ard (rhymes with hard)

what is the best way to edit favorites in Microsoft Edge?

2. Simard57

I know command line support (Linus, CMD or Powershell) are not supported in Windows S but will HyperV be supported?

I would like to have the option of installing Win32 applications in a VM if I find myself in the position of requiring some specific application instead of having to upgrade to Pro.

Additionally - is Bitlocker and TPM support part of Windows S?

3. Chris Blair

Here are a few Surface Pro USB-C / Thunderbolt 3 questions:

1. I want to connect two external monitors to a new Surface Pro i5 or i7 model, using the Surface Dock. In this setup, can I drive two 4k monitors, each at 60 Hz, and each connected to one of the two mini displayports on the Surface Dock?
    2. Does Microsoft plan to upgrade the Surface Dock to include a USB-C port?
    3. Will the planned Surface Connect to USB-C dongle support Thunderbolt 3?

4. harmjr

Hello

1. Why do you think they did not make the Surface Pro in colors; not the type cover but the actual unit?
    2. Surface Pro videos show using the Surface Dial on screen do you think this will be only the new Surface Pro or Surface Pro 4?
    3. Any news or rumors on the Windows on ARM devices? I don't remember hearing anything about this from the recent shows.

Thank as always -Brian

5. Kudupa

I feel like Microsoft is sliding from consumer market and mind-share and wont be relevant in this consumer place in few years. What do you guys think? Where will Microsoft be in next 5-10 years?

I'm asking because my thinking echoes what Paul often says, Microsoft is missing the phone component in its plans and its late to ambient computing where Amazon and Google are ahead. I understand Cortana and other AI products are good but there are not widely available or people just don't use it.