We Help Wednesday 5/23

Questions for the show? Drop them here!

Conversation 5 comments

• Simard57

23 May, 2017 - 5:14 pm

<p>Brad</p><p>name is pronounced Sim (like in a cell phone) ard (rhymes with hard)</p><p><br></p><p>what is the best way to edit favorites in Microsoft Edge?</p><p><br></p><p><br></p>

• Simard57

23 May, 2017 - 5:17 pm

<p>I know command line support (Linus, CMD or Powershell) are not supported in Windows S but will HyperV be supported? </p><p><br></p><p>I would like to have the option of installing Win32 applications in a VM if I find myself in the position of requiring some specific application instead of having to upgrade to Pro.</p><p><br></p><p>Additionally – is Bitlocker and TPM support part of Windows S?</p><p><br></p>

• Chris Blair

23 May, 2017 - 11:55 pm

<p>Here are a few Surface Pro USB-C / Thunderbolt 3 questions: </p><p> </p><ol><li>I want to connect two external monitors to a new Surface Pro i5 or i7 model, using the Surface Dock. In this setup, can I drive two 4k monitors, each at 60 Hz, and each connected to one of the two mini displayports on the Surface Dock?</li><li>Does Microsoft plan to upgrade the Surface Dock to include a USB-C port?</li><li>Will the planned Surface Connect to USB-C dongle support Thunderbolt 3? </li></ol><p><br></p><p>Thanks :)</p>

• harmjr

Premium Member
    24 May, 2017 - 9:37 am

<p>Hello</p><ol><li>Why do you think they did not make the Surface Pro in colors; not the type cover but the actual unit?</li><li>Surface Pro videos show using the Surface Dial on screen do you think this will be only the new Surface Pro or Surface Pro 4?</li><li>Any news or rumors on the Windows on ARM devices? I don't remember hearing anything about this from the recent shows.</li></ol><p>Thank as always -Brian</p>

• Kudupa

24 May, 2017 - 9:52 am

<p><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">I feel like Microsoft is sliding from consumer market and mind-share and wont be relevant in this consumer place in few years. What do you guys think? </span>Where will Microsoft be in next 5-10 years? </p><p>I'm asking because my thinking echoes what Paul often says, Microsoft is missing the phone component in its plans and its late to ambient computing where Amazon and Google are ahead. I understand Cortana and other AI products are good but there are not widely available or people just don't use it.</p><p><br></p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC