YouTube downloader

Anyone knows of any good ones? That will download on full HD. And if I want, download it as a mp3.

And don’t tell me to pay for YouTube premium.

Comments (21)

21 responses to “YouTube downloader”

1. Avatar

snow.steve22

Lordbaal,

If this was a number of years ago I'd have an answer at the tip of my fingers, but the art of YouTube snatchery is a never-ending challenge and eternal cat-and-mouse chase. You snooze and the scene is all different and the players are unrecognizable. Heck, you could go on vacation and come back and your favorite tool would be broken and nobody would have a fix.

Will be watching closely to see what is suggested since there are some gems out on YouTube that deserve to be archived.

Best of luck!

2. Avatar

adlton

4K Downloader

I recommended it earlier in some thread and Paul shared it as a tip on What the tech podcast so I guess it is decent app :)

3. Avatar

Eric Gisin

YouTube Video Downloader from addoncrop. Chrome & Edge extension.

4. Avatar

Adlton

4K downloader, it works with many other popular services.

5. Avatar

beckoningeagle

DVD Fab Downloader does all of this. Will set you back about $40.00 if you use the subscription or 70.00 for the Lifetime version. DVDFab Video downloader | Facebook Video to MP3 Downloader

6. Avatar

waethorn

I use the one in Parallels Toolbox.

7. Avatar

darkgrayknight

jdownloader has been pretty good: https://jdownloader.org/home/index

It offers a variety of download options/formats/etc. As noted, it is against the terms of service for YouTube, so there can be issues with various downloaders at time.

8. Avatar

Lordbaal

I've found an online downloader, that I just have to replace some characters in the URL, with a number.

The only thing is that it downloads it in 960, instead on 1080. But syncing it to my iPad, I don't think I would even notice it.

9. Avatar

Mike Cramer

The Firefox extension Video DownloadHelper works. You can choose from a dropdown list of formats and resolutions offered. There's a companion plug-in that you can download that will let you choose Download & Convert and then choose MP3 as a target format (or any other from a long list).

10. Avatar

robinwilson16

I normally use Ant Video Downloader which I think should still work:

https:// www.ant.com/video-downloader

There is an addon for Firefox or you can install the addon for Chrome too.

Addon for Firefox is at: 

https:// addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/video-downloader-player/

11. Avatar

Josh

I've been using Free YouTube Download for at least a year now and it can download any video (or entire channel) in it's original quality. I think a lifetime sub was $29. It's never failed me and it gets regular updates. https://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/free-youtube-download.htm

12. Avatar

wunderbar

Downloading YouTube videos is against the terms of service of the, err, service. This means that while a downloader may work today, it may stop working tomorrow.

I've used a couple over the years that got killed by google going after the maker of the company, or adjusting youtube to force the application to stop working.

13. Avatar

simont

Paul was saying good things about YouTube Downloader HD

anoldamigauser

In reply to simont:

As I remember, this worked well a while back, but download and installation was a pain because they were trying to get you to load all sorts of other things...lots of dialogs with double and triple negatives meant to have you make the wrong choice.

14. Avatar

Chris_Kez

I seem to recall using VLC to do this a few years ago to create audio files for some personal videos I edited. It was tedious. I'm pretty sure the MyTube app for Windows 10 also lets you just download the audio from a YouTube stream. I wouldn't consider either of these options particularly "good" if this is something you want to do frequently or in any kind of automated way.

15. Avatar

innitrichie

Someone needs to produce a Windows equivalent of Downie 3 (Mac only). I've not found anything that works as well as Downie. It can download video from just about anywhere, you just feed it the URL with your video on it, and Downie does the rest.

Even on the rare occasion when Downie struggles/fails to automagically grab the right video, it has guided extraction that can help get the job done to pull the correct video from a page. You hit play on a video, Downie picks that location up as the video starts let you pull down the video. It can even handle conversion to a range of different video formats you might prefer.

16. Avatar

megamuffin

I use: Easy YouTube Video Downloader Express for Firefox

Leave a Reply