Advice on Laptop under 40000

Hi All

I am looking to get a laptop under 40000 in India which will help me with a my everyday work on mainly Excel and PowerPoint. I also do some gaming from time to time, so if it has a graphics card that would be a bonus. Any advice?

Conversation 4 comments

• pecosbob04

03 February, 2018 - 8:32 am

<p>I am unsure what currency (Rupees?) the "<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">laptop under 40000 in India" refers to if you could convert it to US $ or euros it might be helpful. OK, Siri tells me $623.84 US $. Assuming Rupees.</span></p><p><br></p><p><br></p>

• arunphilip

03 February, 2018 - 11:38 pm

<blockquote><a href="#242630"><em>In reply to pecosbob04:</em></a></blockquote><p>Yep, sounds about right for Indian Rupees (INR). </p>

• jimchamplin

Premium Member
    03 February, 2018 - 2:24 pm

<p>I’m a big proponent of purchasing used machines. I buy a few-generations-old high-end system for under $500 US and do far better than getting a new machine at the same price.</p>

• arunphilip

03 February, 2018 - 11:46 pm

<p>"Gaming" is such a catch-all term. What sort of gaming do you have in mind? Sudoku? Decade-old games like Age of Empires? Or cutting-edge games like the latest Doom? </p><p><br></p><p>Likewise, what screen size/portability are you looking for? If mainly Excel, do you want a large screen? How is your eyesight? That'll determine whether you want high resolutions (normal to good eyesight) or lower resolutions (weaker eyesight). </p><p><br></p><p>Ideally, look for a system that has 8 GB RAM at a minimum, and a solid state drive (SSD). Realistically, you're unlikely to find SSDs at that price point in India. </p><p><br></p><p>A quick search on Amazon India's site gives some options, which you can tweak as required – visit this shortened link <span style="color: rgb(68, 68, 68); background-color: rgb(238, 238, 238);">goo.gl/9q2eYz</span> </p><p><br></p><p>That will at least give you an indication of what you can expect at different price points (remember the laptop market in India is nowhere as good as in the US). Also, visit stores like Reliance Electronics and Croma to see and feel what products they have on offer, especially ones with discounts running </p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC