Outlook PWAs for Different Office 365 Accounts

I’m just wondering if there is any way to create multiple PWAs for Outlook as if I sign into one account and create a PWA, then sign out again, sign into a different account and create another PWA shortcut then the first one changes to that account too. I know for Google business accounts the URL for each one contains the domain so think that worked (from memory).

Is there a way around it? I have 3 Office 365 accounts for different companies so was hoping to create PWAs for each but I can’t find a way. Also signing out of Office 365 accounts is always messy and even if you sign out and close the browser, when you open it again you are still signed in so takes a few tries.

Thanks

Robin

P.S. If you tick the “I’m not a robot” before typing your post it times out, redirects focus whilst you are typing and then doesn’t let you tick it again (on latest Chrome). After that pressing Post Thread does nothing. Trying on Edge Chromium now.

Conversation 10 comments

• BigM72

19 January, 2020 - 9:19 pm

<p>Hi Robin,</p><p><br></p><p>While not exactly PWAs, perhaps you could simply have several browsers installed and open an account in each one?</p><p>Alternatively, you could use an application such as Outlook or the Mail app and setup each account in there?</p>

• Paul Thurrott

Premium Member
      20 January, 2020 - 8:29 am

You could. But that’s a lot of overhead. Are all of these accounts really that important that they need to be opened and monitored all day? I have multiple accounts, but I only see the secondary accounts on mobile. It seems to work fine.

• robinwilson16

23 January, 2020 - 4:07 pm

<blockquote><em><a href="#514423">In reply to BigM72:</a></em></blockquote><p>Hello</p><p>Yes I could use Mail or Outlook desktop which I do also use but Outlook desktop keeps forgetting my app password so I need to generate a new one due to it still not supporting 2 factor authentication so was just considering if I could just use different PWAs instead.</p>

• robinwilson16

23 January, 2020 - 4:09 pm

<blockquote><a href="#515381"><em>In reply to robinwilson16:</em></a></blockquote><blockquote><em>Hello Paul</em></blockquote><blockquote>I work for a consultancy company so have that account plus the two colleges I work for which are pretty busy account as well as my personal account so have to keep on top of 4 pretty active accounts so I don't need to be on them all the time but do need to keep monitoring them and Outlook desktop keeps giving me errors about revoked certificates and asking me to log in lots of times and just generally being a pain.</blockquote>

• beckoningeagle

Premium Member
    20 January, 2020 - 6:02 am

<p>You can setup different profiles in the New Microsoft Edge by going to the "Person" icon menu and choosing "Add a Profile". The profile does not need to be connected and synched. Only that it has to be a different "personality". Create as many profiles as Office 365 / Outlook PWAs you need to setup. Then using each profile go to your Outlook Web interface and then in the browser menu choose APPS / Install this tite as an app. Make sure you include the profile name in the app name when installing it.</p><p><br></p><p>You may now run each instance as a separate account.</p>

• robinwilson16

23 January, 2020 - 4:05 pm

<blockquote><a href="#514442"><em>In reply to BeckoningEagle:</em></a></blockquote><blockquote><em>Thanks for this. This does help. It isn't possible to create Desktop shortcuts this way is it though?</em></blockquote>

• infloop

Premium Member
        23 January, 2020 - 6:42 pm

<blockquote><em><a href="#515380">In reply to robinwilson16:</a></em></blockquote><p><br></p><p>I believe that it creates desktop shortcuts automatically when you choose to install a site as an app. It is possible to pin the app windows to the taskbar if you'd like as well.</p>

• beckoningeagle

Premium Member
        24 January, 2020 - 11:38 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#515380">In reply to robinwilson16:</a></em></blockquote><p>It creates the shortcut when you do the App installation from the browser.</p><p><br></p><p>If it didn't, or was deleted, you can always right-click on the Icon created in the Start Menu, then choose "Open File Location" and then in the File Explorer, right-click it and choose Send To Desktop.</p><p><br></p>

• Daekar

24 January, 2020 - 10:42 am

<p>I've been using different profiles to keep my different roles in different settings separate in New Edge for months now… I think BeckoningEagle has the procedure correct. It's enormously helpful.</p>

• Usman

Premium Member
    25 January, 2020 - 11:00 am

<p>I've done this on Edge Chromium with 3 O365 inboxes. You have three chromium profiles, and since chromium profiles have separated sessions, you can be logged into those 3 Office 365 separately and 3 different PWAs that only open their respective account.</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC