OnePlus 9 pro OR Samsung s21 ultra

This is for those who have either phone and why you think that it is the one to get.

I have had a Oneplus 8 pro since launch here in the UK. I dropped it a couple of times and the insurance offered a reasonable cash settlement.

So I am deciding between the two phones I mentioned.

I know there is possibly a difference in price. That part doesn’t worry me.

Since going Andriod from WP I have had Oneplus. I started with the 3t.

Since having the 8pro camera is semi-important as I have enjoyed what it can do and the quality for general photography. But not the major factor. I have 2 Nikon DSLR’s with multiple lenses for my important photography.

Would appreciate your input.

Conversation 6 comments

• peterc

Premium Member
    12 June, 2021 - 1:51 pm

<p>I’m a OnePlus fan and have had multiple devices since the OP1 and I’m just about to buy either a OP9 or 9 pro. I also use an iPhone. However…..</p><p><br></p><p>I’m waiting for June 24 to see Win11 launch and how android apps or the MS Your Phone app might work better with Win11. It’s clear Samsung has integrated the MS Your Phone app into its version of android really well, so if running MS mobile apps is really important to you then Samsung would be the device to opt for, maybe.. </p><p><br></p><p>Im pretty sure the most achievable sense of combined mobile/desktop eco system available for windows users will be a Samsung mobile and a Samsung windows laptop running Win11….. oh and the cameras on both devices are good but the images I’ve seen from S21 ultra users are exceptional…. but you have DSLR’s anyway.</p><p><br></p><p>For me if the MS Your Phone app is better integrated with Win 11 then I’d stick with OnePlus, but I’m waiting till June 24 to see what’s what with windows first before I spend my cash. Good luck choosing. ?</p>

• akasjer

14 June, 2021 - 1:10 pm

<p><br></p><p>I’d like to see Samsung do some more with Dex. From my brief experience of it, it was actually a pretty good desktop experience – all from your phone/dock. MS nailed Samsung to the wall to drop their lawsuit by requiring Samsung to add MS apps and other integrations to their Android phones, so we’ll see.</p>

• wright_is

Premium Member
    13 June, 2021 - 10:51 am

<p>The Samsung still has the better camera and, outside of the USA, it has the Exynos processor, which doesn’t have the known Snapdragon security flaw. </p><p><br></p><p>At the moment, Samsung is very good with updates, they usually appear within 2-3 days of Google posting them. </p>

• ghostrider

14 June, 2021 - 7:51 am

<p>I’d like to see Samsung do some more with Dex. From my brief experience of it, it was actually a pretty good desktop experience – all from your phone/dock. MS nailed Samsung to the wall to drop their lawsuit by requiring Samsung to add MS apps and other integrations to their Android phones, so we’ll see.</p>

• razzprince09

15 June, 2021 - 6:02 pm

<p>I think Samsung Galaxy s21 ultra still best now</p>

• omarnukta

21 June, 2021 - 1:56 pm

<pre class="ql-syntax" spellcheck="false">I will vote for one plus 9 pro. The best thing from me that LG One Plus 9 Pro has network which is 5G supported or Samsung has 4G supported
    </pre><p><br></p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC