[CLOSED] First Ring Daily 1000: Ask Our Wives (Almost) Anything (About Us)

Next Tuesday, February 23, 2021, marks the 1000th episode of First Ring Daily. To celebrate, Brad and I are taking the day off—I had recommended taking the next 1000 workdays off, but whatever—and our wives will take over. So if you have (almost) any questions you’d like to ask them (about us), this is the place.

Thanks!

Paul

Conversation 24 comments

• gregalto

18 February, 2021 - 10:40 am

<p>what is one thing we may not know about paul and brad?</p>

• bschnatt

18 February, 2021 - 11:14 am

<p>For Paul's wife: Do you sometimes feel like a Call of Duty widow? Paul *does* play a lot of video games… ;)</p>

• eeisner

Premium Member
    18 February, 2021 - 12:32 pm

<p>For both of you: What piece of technology has your husband added to your life that you love the most and that you hate the most?</p>

• jnbck

18 February, 2021 - 12:41 pm

<p>Did you know that your husbands have helped me keep my sanity since WFH beginning March 2020? Kudos to them for being reliably "on the air" daily when I need to hear a human voice. I hope you appreciate them as much as I do, and I'm sure others as well!</p>

• mmcpher

Premium Member
    18 February, 2021 - 3:03 pm

<p>For both: Does the primal negativity ever get old? 😉 Is Sonos really necessary?</p>

• Tiny

Premium Member
    18 February, 2021 - 8:49 pm

<p>Do either of you regularly listen to your husbands podcasts?</p><p>If so, do you give feedback?</p>

• wright_is

Premium Member
    19 February, 2021 - 3:44 am

<p>If I played video games a 10th as much as Paul does, my wife would kill me… You must be very understanding.</p><p><br></p>

• Chris_Kez

Premium Member
    19 February, 2021 - 10:33 am

<p>How the heck did they rope you into doing their podcast for them?</p>

• olditpro2000

Premium Member
    19 February, 2021 - 6:39 pm

<p>Do you ever run into a situation at home where something that was working for months/years conks out suddenly because your husband is now reconfiguring/testing/moving some piece of tech around without warning you?</p><p><br></p><p>Also, do you follow your husband's Twitter account? (If not you should. Paul is his usual witty self while Brad is just plain funny.)</p>

• jamie_webster

20 February, 2021 - 3:43 am

<p>Do you both put limits on there spending? </p><p><br></p><p>Steph – Did the server(when it was in use) affect your electricity bill? </p>

• StevenLayton

20 February, 2021 - 5:07 am

<p>When you ask for IT help from your husbands, do they ever just suggest turning it off and back on again?</p>

• matsan

20 February, 2021 - 12:30 pm

<p>What is the limit (in $) of Paul's slush fund spending? </p><p>How much would you allow him to spend to solve one of your problems?</p>

• madthinus

Premium Member
    21 February, 2021 - 12:43 pm

<p>I love this! So to both or either of the wifes:</p><p><br></p><p>1) What about their jobs is weird to you? </p><p><br></p><p>2) Do they have a really annoying aspect we never get to see?</p><p><br></p><p>3) Is the pig drawing really that funny?</p><p><br></p>

• brothernod

Premium Member
    21 February, 2021 - 6:06 pm

<p>1) If you told your husband their next book had to be something you would voluntarily buy and read, what topic would they choose?</p><p><br></p><p>2) The guys are obviously Microsoft and general gadget nerds, what are you guys nerds about?</p><p><br></p><p>3) How do you feel about the Tesla now compared to before purchase?</p>

• Clarkb

Premium Member
    21 February, 2021 - 9:17 pm

<p><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">Stephanie, what is your favorite dish, and favorite cocktail, to order at The Trapp Door?</span></p>

• sherlockholmes

Premium Member
    22 February, 2021 - 3:52 am

<p>Dont do that. It will end in an endless discussion 😛 </p>

• Robert-Hostetler

22 February, 2021 - 7:33 am

<p>What advice would you give to the folks that follow Brad and Paul to be better people and long term partners?</p><p><br></p><p>What advice would you give to folks in similar relationships that you are in?</p><p><br></p><p>What is the funniest tech related story that you can share about your household?</p><p><br></p><p>What is the funniest non-tech related story that you can share about your household?</p><p><br></p><p>What is on your shortlist of favorite possessions that have a high tech aspect to it? Why does it add happiness to your day to day life? For example, my wife really likes ThinkPads (durable and great keyboards) and using both Aftershokz headphones and Garmin triathlon watches (loves nature and exercise). </p>

• Paul Thurrott

Premium Member
    22 February, 2021 - 9:02 am

<p>Closing this down now…. Thanks!</p>

• wbaggerly

Premium Member
    22 February, 2021 - 9:05 am

<p>(You can call me Wes)</p><p>Who is the best cook in the family?</p><p><br></p><p>What's Paul's/Brad's favorite dish that you make?</p><p><br></p><p>What's the best thing about living with a Technology Journalist? </p><p><br></p><p>What's the worst thing about living with a Technology Journalist?</p><p><br></p><p>Is it weird when you are with your Husband on vacation or a trip and they get recognized by a stranger? Are there any funny story you can share about one of these encounters?</p><p><br></p><p>If your Husband had a different or second job, what do you think it would be? &nbsp;</p>

• slr1966

Premium Member
    22 February, 2021 - 5:15 pm

<p>What were/is the best devices your husbands gave or passed onto you?</p>

• andy72

22 February, 2021 - 5:30 pm

<p>Is Paul such a gorilla he is saying he is? (The question is meant to be taken size-wise).</p>

• gstevenb

Premium Member
    22 February, 2021 - 5:36 pm

<p>I am an IT Pro and my dear wife will sometimes ask me to recount my day, in bed, to assist her in falling asleep when she can't do so easily. Have you ever asked your spouses to do the same to combat insomnia?</p>

• Nick Vlittas

22 February, 2021 - 6:27 pm

<p>This is more of a comment than a question…. I think they should take over period…. So much easier on the eyes…. Just sayin'</p>

• jasecutler

23 February, 2021 - 12:40 pm

<p>I should have asked about the pig drawing on the fridge….</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC