Favorite 2010s Tech and/or Tech Stories

What is everyone’s favorite, 2010 tech and/or tech stories?

Me:

The Acer Iconia 6120 from 2011.

It featured, dual touch screen displays, and was quite interesting. It featured custom software, tailored for the two screens.

The PlayStation Vita (2012)

The successor to the PSP. It was solid, powerful hardware, with great games. However, the peripherals were pricey and never truly took off. It also, launched in a time, when smartphones were prevalent.

The Microsoft Surface Pro (2012)

It was a significantly, more robust, innovative, and utilitarian tablet, over the iPad. It offered, a full computer experience, in a tablet form. Unlike, an Android tablet or iPad, the Surface could run full Photoshop and games, which was a game changer!

Conversation 2 comments

• ErichK

Premium Member
    11 December, 2019 - 10:08 am

<p>Many things. If I had to narrow it down, in my opinion, things like:</p><p><br></p><p>iPad — Finally the form factor between a laptop and a phone was done right.</p><p>Windows 10 — Even with its faults, I love the fact that they fixed a lot of the sins of Windows 8.</p><p>Xbox One X — I love mine. Amazing piece of engineering, incredible graphics for its size.</p>

• Patrick3D

11 December, 2019 - 10:34 am

<p><strong>HDMI</strong> – Launched in 2011, replaced analog cables eliminating electrical interference from video signals while extending cable length to 50' and more without the need for latency inducing extenders. Also added audio to the cable simplifying home theater wiring.</p><p><strong>iPhone 4S</strong> – Launched in 2011, the last 3.5" iPhone before the size ballooned and OS got buggy.</p><p><strong style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">RaspberryPi</strong><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"> – Launched 2012, a computer for under $50 that can run console emulators and MAME, 'nuff said.</span></p><p><strong>Nvidia GTX 970</strong> – Launched in 2014, still runs every game I throw at it; haven't felt compelled to upgrade.</p><p><strong>Amazon Alexa</strong> – Launched in 2014, includes devices with Alexa support baked in (Echo Dot, TP-Link Kasa devices, etc…,) does everything I need but most importantly understands my lispy voice.</p><p><br></p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC