Pixel 4a or 4?

With Pixel 4 prices dropping online, which would you get to replace a Pixel 2?

Pixel 4a at $350 or a Pixel 4 at $600-650

Conversation 5 comments

• rob_segal

Premium Member
    12 August, 2020 - 1:02 pm

<p>What is more important to you, better camera or better battery life? If you choose battery life, you might be better off getting the 4a. For camera, the Pixel 4 because of the telephoto lens. It's a tough choice because Google outfitted the Pixel 4 with too small a battery.</p>

• Andy Babiec

13 August, 2020 - 10:05 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#560931">In reply to rob_segal:</a></em></blockquote><p><br></p><p>I guess the question is how the 4a camera compares to the one on my Pixel 2?</p>

• Paul Thurrott

Premium Member
        14 August, 2020 - 9:45 am

Suspect it’s close. Camera specs/software quality must be up, but speed will be hampered on the 4a if that matters. Pixel 2 doesn’t support astrophotography, though that’s a niche use case.

• minke

12 August, 2020 - 6:03 pm

<p>Pixel 4a, and I may do the exact same thing this fall. But, I would always recommend waiting, if you can, until the 4a is on the street and we learn of any initial bugs/problems. I would never buy a new phone at launch unless the deal was amazing, and I haven't see any deals like that yet.</p>

• wright_is

Premium Member
    13 August, 2020 - 12:30 am

<p>Google announced last week that the 4/4XL is done. They don't have any more stock and if you find any stock by partners, it is runout stock.</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC