Costco Members-only 4 gb RAM / 128 GB SSD Surface Go Bundle for $549

I mentioned this in a comment to another forum post, but according to Neowin and The Verge, Costco is offering a Members-only version of the Surface Go in a bundle that includes a Surface Go with 4 GB of RAM and a 128 GB SSD (rather than 4 GB RAM / 64 GB eMMC or 8 GB RAM / 128 GB SSD). The bundle includes a Surface Type Cover and costs $549 (according to Neowin, which is $100 less than a comparable 8 GB RAM / 128 GB SSD version with Type Cover).

You do, of course, have to be a Costco member to pre-order it (for an Aug. 2 ship date). I have seen the Costco product page and folks are claiming that Microsoft has confirmed that this is a Costco-only version (and not a mis-print). Unfortunately, the comment system here won’t let me paste web links, so just Google it.

Conversation 5 comments

• offTheRecord

24 July, 2018 - 8:14 am

<p>Google this and it'll take you to the Costco product page:</p><p><br></p><p>"Microsoft Surface Go Bundle – Intel Pentium – 1800 x 1200 Display – Windows 10 in S Mode – Surface Type Cover"</p>

• offTheRecord

24 July, 2018 - 11:02 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#294920">In reply to jimchamplin:</a></em></blockquote><p>Thanks. I don't know why I can't post links. Whenever I try to put a link in a comment, it errors out and says there was a problem.</p>

• Simard57

24 July, 2018 - 12:55 pm

<p>that is a tempting offer. trading 4 GB for a type cover!</p><p>for casual use 4 GB is probably enough and having the keyboard and faster/larger SSD would not cripple performance for light work!</p><p><br></p>

• ommoran

Premium Member
    24 July, 2018 - 4:44 pm

<p>Available in Canada as well.</p>

• illuminated

24 July, 2018 - 5:25 pm

<p>Phones have 4GB or more RAM. What is wrong with PC OEMs that they still think that it is fine to produce PCs and tablets with 4GB of RAM?</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC