SB 2 Trackpad lag

I am on SB 2, #2… The first one had lag on the trackpad sometimes (power and battery). I’d go to scroll and about a half second would go by before it would start. This could become problematic at times and I know isn’t the desired behavior.

Has anyone else seen a delay on SB2 trackpads? I’m trying really hard to keep this laptop, as it’s pretty perfect for me, other than the times I start scrolling and nothing happens. I’ve turned off pinch to zoom with no help.

Found this thread on Reddit and apparently, Daniel Rubino has seen it too. I’ve got 25 or so days left to make a final decision before my return window expires.

Here is the Reddit thread if anyone cares to read it… https://www.reddit.com/r/Surface/comments/7ip8dm/surface_book_2_touchpad_pointer_lag/

Thanks everyone.

Chris

Conversation 2 comments

• jimchamplin

Premium Member
    29 December, 2017 - 10:21 pm

<p>Just take it back to them. Don't screw around. Every time you take it back, they log it and that matters more to them.</p>

• ChristopherCollins

Premium Member
      29 December, 2017 - 10:32 pm

<blockquote><a href="#232912"><em>In reply to jimchamplin:</em></a></blockquote><p>I plan to do just that, but I would like to *try* to find a solution. HP &amp; I have a rough relationship, so I'd have to go XPS 13 or X1 Carbon/Yoga.</p><p>This machine is a really good fit. I'm at least going to try to find a solution. No solution, a return it will get, though.</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC