Anyone else not yet receive 1809?

I have a custom built rig and I still haven’t yet received the 1809 update. Is anyone else waiting for it?

Conversation 27 comments

• simont

Premium Member
    24 November, 2018 - 1:50 pm

<p>I haven't received it on my Surface Pro 2017 yet.</p>

• christian.hvid

24 November, 2018 - 2:22 pm

<p>Absolutely nothing on my Surface Book 2 yet. I even tried to force-feed the poor thing via the Upgrade Assistant, but halfway through the process it suddenly halted and reverted back to 1803, with no explanation whatsoever. </p>

• ErichK

Premium Member
    24 November, 2018 - 2:41 pm

<p>Me neither. Something tells me I might be in for a bit of a wait.</p>

• F4IL

24 November, 2018 - 3:39 pm

<p>They have blocked the <span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">1809</span> roll-out for certain hw classes with intel GPUs. This affects both server and consumer branches as of 21/11.</p>

• JustDavid

24 November, 2018 - 10:04 pm

<p>I had to use the Upgrade Assistant to get it on my Surface Pro 6 and on the Surface Go earlier today. Both completed successfully.</p>

• rvanallen

Premium Member
      25 November, 2018 - 8:33 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#371891">In reply to JustDavid:</a></em></blockquote><p>Did same with my SP3. Always like to upgrade hardwired, dedicated, and my timeline. Since install about a week ago, experienced a one-time <span style="color: rgb(32, 32, 32);">"Driver Power State Failure." Unknown if this was directly related although have never had anything like this before.</span></p>

• Tony Barrett

25 November, 2018 - 7:28 am

<p>Personally, I'd defer any feature update on Win10 for at least 3-6 months, and that's what I recommend to anyone running it. Do NOT be at the cutting edge on this OS – that's the only advice I can give.</p>

• PeterC

25 November, 2018 - 7:46 am

<p>well I was waiting for it on my Surface Pro 5 (2017), but ive now deferred feature updates. I think the times come to stay well behind what Microsoft says is "ready".</p>

• StevenLayton

25 November, 2018 - 11:36 am

<p>Custom AMD rig, no 1809, but I'm in no rush!</p>

• wright_is

Premium Member
    25 November, 2018 - 12:14 pm

<p>I updated all of mine at the beginning of October…</p><p>At work, we have downloaded the updates for WSUS and are rollig them out to a test group of PCs first.</p>

• Jason Peter

25 November, 2018 - 2:57 pm

<p>"<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">I have a custom built rig and I still haven’t yet received the 1809 update."</span></p><p><br></p><p>Consider yourself lucky.</p>

• robincapper

25 November, 2018 - 7:56 pm

<p>Oddly my Surface Book 2 hasn't got it but a then new Surface Go grabbed it (without prompting) soon after the October initial release (with no apparent problems)</p>

• jprestig

25 November, 2018 - 9:33 pm

<p>My desktop has it but it has not shown up for my HP laptop yet.</p>

• lethalleigh

26 November, 2018 - 12:29 am

<p>Of my four W10 devices (one desktop and three laptops) only one laptop has 1809 and only because I went looking for it. For my exuberance I have been punished with missing favorites in Edge and daily wifi issues when using my VPN. That will teach me. :)</p>

• Lauren Glenn

27 November, 2018 - 11:24 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#372528">In reply to lethalleigh:</a></em></blockquote><p>For Wifi issues, use a program called Fiddler and set up a local proxy server. That lets all those UWP apps work just fine over VPN (at least it does for me with Any Connect). That's a new issue with 1809 that wasn't there with 1803.</p>

• christian.hvid

26 November, 2018 - 4:52 am

<p>At this pace, there's no way 1809 will be fully deployed before 1903 comes along. Unless, of course, 1903 is delayed too – which is all but certain at this point. If Microsoft doesn't switch to an annual release cadence next year, I'd say it's time for a shareholder intervention.</p>

• SherlockHolmes

Premium Member
    26 November, 2018 - 6:11 am

<p>Guys, whats the problem? If you really want it, simply download the ISO and update your PC by yourself. </p>

• christian.hvid

26 November, 2018 - 8:37 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#372613">In reply to SherlockHolmes:</a></em></blockquote><p>Except that if the new version doesn't show up in Windows Update, it's a sign that it either hasn't been verified for your hardware configuration, or that it simply doesn't work. So forcing the update yourself is kind of a gamble. </p>

• SherlockHolmes

Premium Member
        26 November, 2018 - 9:40 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#372630">In reply to christian.hvid:</a></em></blockquote><p>After Microsoft screwed up so many times in recent years, you still trust their telemetry data? </p>

• christian.hvid

26 November, 2018 - 1:17 pm

<blockquote><em><a href="#372636">In reply to SherlockHolmes:</a></em></blockquote><p>Not at all, but if they're specifically withholding the update from my SB2, there's reason to believe that they have found a problem with that model. It's that simple. Elementary even.</p>

• Paul Thurrott

Premium Member
    26 November, 2018 - 9:23 am

<p>The better question may be, "has anyone actually received this update?"</p>

• jwpear

Premium Member
    26 November, 2018 - 10:17 am

<p>None of our household machines–Surfaces, Yoga, and a couple of custom desktops–have gotten it, but I don't really view that as a bad thing. I've considered installing it manually on one machine, but then I think about just how uninteresting 1809 is, how much trouble MS appeared to have fixing a file deletion bug, and how long they went without communicating anything about the delay. That suggests there were other serious problems with the release. My time and machine resources are too valuable to be their testbed.</p>

• brisonharvey

Premium Member
    26 November, 2018 - 11:19 am

<p>Nothing through Windows Update for my Surface Book 2.</p>

• harmjr

Premium Member
    26 November, 2018 - 3:55 pm

<p>After 1803 I hit the pause button on all my devices and will wait until after the patch Tuesday before updating.</p><p>So that will be some time in December for 1809.</p><p><br></p><p>I am glad I did. Now I am wondering if waiting for 2 patch Tuesdays to roll past before updating in the future.</p>

• martinusv2

Premium Member
    27 November, 2018 - 10:29 am

<p>Nothing on Windows update.</p><p><br></p><p>Tried the Windows Update Adviser. Said my computer was compatible. No software incompatibilities or drivers. Downloaded the update started the install. And then after the second reboot got the message that the update was reverting. Still trying to figuring out what happened. </p>

• Lauren Glenn

27 November, 2018 - 11:23 am

<p>Download the ISO and just install it. I've done that on every PC I've built so I upgrade them all at the same time. Never any issues (aside from 1809 which has seemed to cause more problems than it has solved so far)</p>

• jimchamplin

Premium Member
    29 November, 2018 - 1:36 am

<p>I wish I hadn't.</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC