Microsoft 365 & Azure Outage

This makes for a bad day at the office…

Azure Status:

“Customers may experience intermittent connectivity issues with Azure and Microsoft services. Engineers are investigating DNS resolution issues affecting network connectivity. Connectivity issues may affect the availability of Compute, Storage, and Database services, and some customers may be unable to file support requests. More information will be provided as it becomes available. This message was last updated at 21:10 UTC on 02 May 2019”

Microsoft 365 Status:

User impact: Users may be unable to access Microsoft 365 services or features.

More info: Affected services include SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business, Microsoft Teams, Stream, Power BI, Planner, Forms, PowerApps, Dynamics 365 and Office Licensing.

Current status: We’ve identified a potential Domain Name System (DNS) issue that could be contributing to the problem. We’re working to develop an action plan to mitigate impact.

Scope of impact: This issue could potentially affect any of your users intermittently if they are routed through the affected infrastructure.”

Conversation 5 comments

• lvthunder

Premium Member
    02 May, 2019 - 5:39 pm

<p>I wonder what part of the world is effected? I haven't seen any issues in Las Vegas, NV USA.</p>

• Skolvikings

02 May, 2019 - 5:44 pm

<blockquote><em><a href="#425299">In reply to lvthunder:</a></em></blockquote><p>The public Azure Status page says all regions are experiencing network infrastructure issues except for Azure Government.</p>

• Tony Barrett

03 May, 2019 - 2:46 am

<p>The running joke for Azure services…. down to Office '358' now so far in 2019. We're expecting it to be in the low 300's by the end of they year!</p>

• Lauren Glenn

03 May, 2019 - 8:20 am

<p>Still having issues this morning. Ironically, on my calendar is a training event for Teams at work….. and none of us can join while at work. I’ve been using my Galaxy S10 hooked up to the monitor via DeX and probably will continue to have to today….. :/</p>

• simont

Premium Member
    03 May, 2019 - 8:32 am

<p>From what I have read, somebody messed up a DNS update. For all the sysadmins, once again, it was DNS.</p><p><br></p><p>Interesting the outlook.com wasn't affected.</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC