Windows 10 insiders to RTM

How do I get out of the Insider to the RTM version?

I had to roll back the last update because of no sound and display issues. It seemed like there was a blue tint to everything.

The display driver was saying windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (code 43). This is on a Ryzen 2400g.

The display driver was dated 7 something 2018. After the rollback, it is dated 10/30/2018.

Why would an update go and downgrade the display driver?

But the version numbers are the same.

And sometimes when I booted up, it was just a black screen.

But now everything works fine. But I never had a brightness option.

Conversation 8 comments

• Paul Thurrott

Premium Member
    17 January, 2019 - 9:24 am

<p>While the next version of Windows 10 is being developed, you can't really: You can just switch to the Slow ring. </p><p><br></p><p>You can only do this during the magic window period I always write about without any issues. </p><p><br></p><p>You kind of get what you get when you're on a beta, obviously.</p>

• lordbaal1

17 January, 2019 - 9:33 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#397511">In reply to paul-thurrott:</a></em></blockquote><p>So really the only way is a clean boot?</p><p>That may be a problem with my GTA 5 game saves. Being that it is not a steam game. And would take like an hour to download, even on an 85Mbps.</p><p>Everything else really isn't a problem having to reinstall them.</p><p>But unplug my secondary drive before I do that, so it doesn't delete my files.</p><p><br></p><p>MS should give you that option, to disable insiders build and roll back to the latest RTM build.</p>

• wright_is

Premium Member
        17 January, 2019 - 9:46 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#397514">In reply to lordbaal1:</a></em></blockquote><p>That is why you never put a beta on a live system, just on dedicated test equipment.</p>

• lordbaal1

17 January, 2019 - 10:15 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#397516">In reply to wright_is:</a></em></blockquote><p>But the only way to really test it is to use it on your everyday system.</p><p>And I don't have a second PC anyway.</p>

• hrlngrv

Premium Member
            17 January, 2019 - 9:02 pm

<p><a href="https://www.thurrott.com/forums/microsoft/microsoft/thread/windows-10-insiders-to-rtm#397525&quot; target="_blank"><em>In reply to lordbaal1:</em></a></p><p>If you have 8GB RAM or more and considerable free disk space, you could use virtual machines. Keep the current production build as the host OS, put the Insider builds in a VM as guest OS.</p>

• lordbaal1

17 January, 2019 - 9:31 pm

<blockquote><em><a href="#397650">In reply to hrlngrv:</a></em></blockquote><p>All day after I rolled it back, it's been asking me to restart to install 18317.</p><p>I really don't care about insiders anymore. I downloading it about 3 years ago because my old OS was Vista. And back then I couldn't afford the $100 for the RTM build.</p><p>When I built my new PC a few months ago, I bought a Windows 10 key on Amazon for $5.</p><p>So this weekend I'm just going to reinstall the RTM, and don't go to the insiders.</p>

• Paul Thurrott

Premium Member
        18 January, 2019 - 6:54 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#397514">In reply to lordbaal1:</a></em></blockquote><p>Yes. The only real way out (immediately) is a clean install of the RTM version.</p>

• lordbaal1

18 January, 2019 - 9:04 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#397696">In reply to paul-thurrott:</a></em></blockquote><p>Will a reset work?</p><p>Or only the media creation tool works?</p><p><br></p><p>They should make it an easier way. Like have an option to stop insiders and you will just have the latest RTM build.</p><p><br></p><p>Even the option to stop insiders, I can either pause it, move to the slow ring, or keep getting build until the next RTM.</p><p>But none of those options are to really stop it right now to put me on the RTM.</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC