Where is the Microsoft Store version of Office 365 Home?

So, what is up with the Windows Store version of Office, and is there a way to re-download and install that version not the click to run one? Has Microsoft discontinued the store version hence the redirection to the click-to-run version on the Office website?

Conversation 6 comments

• coeus89

31 July, 2019 - 6:30 pm

<p>They have discontinued it. It is now download only.</p>

• ph-sth

31 July, 2019 - 6:35 pm

<blockquote><em><a href="#446582">In reply to coeus89:</a></em></blockquote><p>Oddly, I bought a new PC last month and the Store version downloaded automatically. Surprised me.</p>

• Dan1986ist

Premium Member
      31 July, 2019 - 7:08 pm

<blockquote><em><a href="#446582">In reply to coeus89:</a></em></blockquote><p>By download only, referring to the click-to-run version from the office website? </p>

• hrlngrv

Premium Member
      01 August, 2019 - 2:25 am

<p><a href="https://www.thurrott.com/forums/microsoft/office/thread/where-is-the-microsoft-store-version-of-office-365-home#446582&quot; target="_blank"><em>In reply to coeus89:</em></a></p><p>Implying the MSFT Store doesn't provide any benefits for MSFT selling its own premier application software. What Windows ISV for Win32 software should bother trying to use the MSFT Store?</p><p>I didn't realize it was gone from the Store. I had installed Office from the Store on my VM which I use for Windows 10 Insider builds, but then I opted into the Office Insider program too on that VM, and Office had reverted to standard Win32 software, meaning installed under <strong>Program Files</strong>. I figured that was because the Store couldn't handle frequent releases of Office Insider builds.</p>

• Paul Thurrott

Premium Member
    01 August, 2019 - 8:07 am

<p>I've asked Microsoft to explain this.</p>

• Paul Thurrott

Premium Member
    02 August, 2019 - 8:17 am

<p>According to Microsoft, this was revealed back in May (I'm still looking for that). They said:</p><p><br></p><p>"People will continue to be able to find Office in the Store. If the Office image isn’t already preinstalled, they will be directed to https://account.microsoft.com/to install it."</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC