Microsoft Authenticator Windows 10 App

So Microsoft said that it would release a brand new Microsoft Authenticator app on Windows 10, iOS and Android all on the same day. August 15th came and they released the new, improved and updated app on iOS and Android and tweeted the Windows 10 version will release by that weekend. It’s now well and truly over 2 months later and not a single word on this app has been uttered. Does anyone know what’s happening with this app? I sincerely would love to have this app and am baffled as to why there’s been no word on why it’s not out yet. I was also under the impression this would work on Desktop too, like my Surface Pro 3. Does anyone know anything?

Conversation 4 comments

Premium Member
    19 October, 2016 - 2:19 pm

Premium Member
      19 October, 2016 - 7:58 pm

<blockquote><em><a href="#21531">In reply to </a><a href="../../../../users/Bart">Bart</a><a href="#21531">:</a></em></blockquote>
      <p>Yes, but the new updated UWP version they said they would release, but haven’t.</p>

Premium Member
    20 October, 2016 - 5:44 am

<p>Alex Simons from the team says hopefully in the next 7 days (a few tricky bugs to fix): https://twitter.com/Alex_A_Simons/status/788416151097225216</p&gt;

Premium Member
      20 October, 2016 - 10:06 pm

<blockquote><em><a href="#21594">In reply to </a><a href="../../../../users/andrewtechhelp">andrewtechhelp</a><a href="#21594">:</a></em></blockquote>
      <p>Brilliant! Thanks muchly. That’s all I wanted was just a little bit&nbsp;communication. As little as it is, that just explains that they&nbsp;hit a few snags but are working to bring it out asap. </p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC