Leaving Windows 11 Beta

I have a Surface Pro X and Windows 11 has ran well on it. I went ahead and selected the option to leave the insider after the most recent, public and stable build. I rebooted and I am already out of the Insider and showing that I am on 22000.176.

So, officially, I am on “Windows 11” now, correct? Just wanted to make sure I am not stuck on a pre-release…getting out of the insider once the “official Windows 11” came out was my goal but didn’t expect it to be today.

Conversation 5 comments

• madthinus

Premium Member
    03 September, 2021 - 1:02 pm

<p>Pretty sure you are as this might not be the official start of the supported builds, you will receive the CU’s going forward. </p>

• lvthunder

Premium Member
    03 September, 2021 - 1:21 pm

<p>Nobody will know for sure until next month when Windows 11 ships.</p>

• wunderbar

Premium Member
    04 September, 2021 - 11:15 am

<p>Windows 11 has not been released to the public, so you are still on a pre-release version of the OS.</p><p><br></p><p>It’s a bit of splitting hairs because build 22000 is the "final" Windows 11 version and any updates are just CU’s.</p><p><br></p><p>But it is likely that there will be a specific CU build that will be the "official" Windows 11 launch build. .176 likely isn’t the one.</p>

• lindhartsen

Premium Member
    05 September, 2021 - 2:58 pm

<p>You may want to re-enroll with the Insider program on the Beta channel, but turn on the switch for "Unenroll this device when the next version of Windows released" available if you expand the "Stop Getting Preview Builds" box in Windows Insider Program settings. Unenrolling now may get you stuck in a state where you don’t get the (presumable) weekly updates between now and the official release in October.</p>

• allberry2001

07 September, 2021 - 7:27 pm

<p>I had to remove it from my ASUS laptop, it ran so well on the 7th gen chip.</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC