Windows 11 UI, an apology to Paul

I once expressed that I didn’t care for the idea of a centered taskbar and Start button. I now feel that I was possibly incorrect and that this UI change that Paul talked up is actually pretty nice.

Let the icons run free! 😀

Conversation 3 comments

• Paul Thurrott

Premium Member
    20 July, 2021 - 8:25 am

<p>No need to apologize. 🙂 I didn’t invent it or anything.</p>

• erichk

Premium Member
    20 July, 2021 - 9:11 pm

<p>It takes a big man to admit when he’s wrong. :)</p><p><br></p><p>I haven’t decided yet how I feel about the centered buttons, and I haven’t tried any of the Windows 11 betas yet either.</p><p><br></p><p>I have the feeling it’s going to be one of those things I’ll just get used to. I just recently bout a Mac mini M1, and as we all know, in macOS, that’s how they are, and that never bothered me before.</p>

• scj123

Premium Member
    21 July, 2021 - 4:09 am

<p>I have installed Windows 11 on my Surface Pro 7 and my desktop PC (Intel NUC) and love the center buttons on the large screen, but hate them and have turned them off on the Surface Pro smaller screen. If you pin quite a few things to the task bar on a smaller screen it just somehow looks messy, I am hoping they improve this as we move through the betas. Despite this I am loving Windows 11, it just feels fresh and new :)</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC