Questions for 1/11

Questions for the show? Drop them here!

Conversation 11 comments

• Mary Jo Foley

Premium Member
    10 January, 2019 - 12:23 pm

<p>Could you share your tot strategy for 2019? Oh… also — do you think Surface Studio monitor could debut this year? Or definitely not till 2020 at earliest?</p>

• Scott Ross

10 January, 2019 - 12:37 pm

<p>What goes into your decision of going to a Tech Trade Show like CES? Do you think you missed anything by not going to CES this year? </p>

• willr

10 January, 2019 - 2:19 pm

<p>Brad do you think the next-gen successor to the Xbox One X should have an SSD? Or they could at least make them in small numbers and sell them through the Microsoft website? I know for a fact that a lot of people would pay the extra money for a One X with an SSD, and it would be great for the Xbox brand image and bragging rights, like how car companies make 'halo' cars</p>

• Usman

Premium Member
    10 January, 2019 - 3:55 pm

<p>Kinda torn here, I'm all in on the Microsoft software stack, I use Office 365 business for my freelance work and Outlook.com personally. </p><p><br></p><p>I'm still deciding on a smart assistant ecosystem, hoping there would be a first party solution to Microsoft integration but only see things from Google and seems to be the Google services are much better at it, especially the Google Home Hub.</p><p><br></p><p>There was Windows Home Hub, but that seems to have been scrapped. For being the productivity company, I would've expected a Office based Home Hub, like a Surface Hub but surface go size ish, showing integration with ToDo, Calendar, Planner etc. Is this a missed market or have they chosen to just target the enterprise office over the market segment that Echo Show and Google Home Hub compete in?</p>

• drvaudreuil1

10 January, 2019 - 3:56 pm

<p><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">Dell has shown off new functionality for Dell Mobile connect coming soon which looks amazing! </span>Is there any news on when enhancements to the Your Phone app are coming? </p>

• Kudupa

10 January, 2019 - 4:05 pm

<p>Hey Brad, i have following questions</p><p>1) How come you are making these short content now, instead of 30 min show on Friday? is it related to time management or to be 1st on confirmed scoops?</p><p>2) Why Microsoft cant take a break from developing new feature and fix bugs in Windows like how apple did for iOS?</p>

• kleanzlate

10 January, 2019 - 4:52 pm

<p>Hey Brad.</p><p><br></p><p>I live in Iceland and we don't have access to many of the MS services like Game Pass. Do you think this could change when Microsoft start to push xCloud or do you have any info on Microsoft spreading their services to the furthest regions of the globe?</p><p><br></p><p><br></p>

• swish41

10 January, 2019 - 5:06 pm

<p>Is windows xp the greatest version of windows ever? if not what is?</p>

• Tourniquet

10 January, 2019 - 6:39 pm

<p>When can we expect the successor to the Surface Go?</p>

• sentinel6671

Premium Member
    10 January, 2019 - 8:18 pm

<p>I recently worked through Paul's "standard procedure" for setting up fresh installs of Windows 10. I love it, and want to thank him for doing it. One question occurred to me as I worked through the steps. After turning on network discovery, no mention is made of joining a workgroup. I find (and this may just be a hold over from the past) that if I don't set a common workgroup, network resources don't identify properly.</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC