Question for 5 21?

Questions for the podcast? Drop them in this thread.

Conversation 8 comments

• simont

Premium Member
    20 May, 2021 - 12:52 pm

<p>With Windows 10X now being put on the backburner, is Microsoft continuing/re-starting Windows 10 S Mode development?</p>

• ingi0m4rx

20 May, 2021 - 1:21 pm

<p>Do you have any info on the Surface Duo 2? </p><p>And is it still coming this year? And when do you expect it to be revealed? </p>

• shark47

20 May, 2021 - 8:48 pm

<p>Any thoughts on what Microsoft’s plans with Skype are? It seems to have a smallish, but loyal base, but Microsoft didn’t really try much to increase that during the pandemic. Now, at the tail end of the pandemic, they’re releasing Teams for consumers. </p>

• Usman

Premium Member
    21 May, 2021 - 5:03 am

<p>Why hasn’t Microsoft been pushing third-party developers to use ‘Xbox Play Anywhere’ on titles that are both on Gamepass PC and Console?</p><p><br></p><p>I’ve come across games that have had new releases on Gamepass PC but are incompatible with Xbox console game saves. Also, the publishers still list the game twice as separate SKUs, one for console and one for PC.</p><p><br></p><p>It’s one of the stumbling blocks of becoming Xbox as a service since there will be games where you can’t transfer progress between PC and Console/xCloud.</p><p><br></p>

• mrpki

21 May, 2021 - 7:59 am

<p>Internet Explorer is being killed off and Chromium Edge is now the Microsoft browser solution. Is Chredge taking any share away from Google Chrome at all? Is it only being used by people that hate and fear Google for privacy reasons?</p>

• R4h1mH

21 May, 2021 - 8:02 am

<p>When do you anticipate Windows on Arm having full x64 emulation up and running? It is still very patchy. </p>

• Belralph

21 May, 2021 - 9:47 am

<p>Recently started using Edge Profiles at work. Was caught off guard that these accounts were also getting added to windows (settings/email &amp; accounts). I see the upside but I’m a domain user, admin, Office 365 and my personal hotmail/outlook.com it causes me a lot of confusion when Hello is prompting me to put in passwords and PINS. Any thoughts on this mess and where Microsoft is going on this? Seems to be trying further lock down between having to have a Microsoft account on every device linked up to Azure in one way or another. </p>

• txag

21 May, 2021 - 10:16 am

<p>Sorry for the empty note; not used to the new format.</p><p><br></p><p>My name is Bob (since my handle is unpronounceable). The 10X cancellation got me thinking about OS architecture. Wouldn’t the optimal way to build an OS is to keep it minimal, just the layer between the apps and the hardware? Then everything else you do is an app, and can be managed and updated separately from an OS update. </p><p><br></p><p>I know why Microsoft inserted Internet Explorer into the OS — a monopolistic move. But I have never understood why other apps became part of the OS itself, like Notepad. All it does is make it harder to manage the app updates, and you can certainly install a bunch of apps at the same time as you install the OS itself, right? Happens every time I get a new version of MacOS, for example. </p><p><br></p><p><br></p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC