Questions for 1/14?

Questions for the podcast? Drop them here.

Conversation 11 comments

• mrpki

14 January, 2021 - 1:53 pm

<p>Closing with a fun one this week: Since there is a shortage and competition for AMD chips in the game consoles, should Microsoft switch to Intel based chips for the XBox in the future to have a better supply?</p>

• Rob.Federici

14 January, 2021 - 1:54 pm

<p>what is your honest opinion on MS adding the adaptive triggers to future versions of the Xbox controllers? I wouldn't have asked if not for that survey they sent around recently asking users what features they would like to see in the Xbox controller. I was thinking about upgrading from the Elite 1 &gt; 2 but if there is a chance some future version of the series 3 could have the adaptive triggers I might just wait for that.</p>

• lylesback2

14 January, 2021 - 1:55 pm

<p>Best / worst CES product?</p><p><br></p><p>Windows 10X use cases, potential future product use?</p><p><br></p><p>When will we get windows on ARM, that's useful enough to be a daily driver?</p><p><br></p><p>When can the stable release expect the News widget for Windows 10?</p>

• anoldamigauser

Premium Member
    14 January, 2021 - 3:40 pm

<p>Revisiting a question from a few weeks ago. Having seen the Windows 10X leak, are you more or less optimistic about Windows 10X?</p><p>Have you been able to test a reset?</p><p>Does it support multiple accounts on the same machine?</p>

• mnbgearsguy

14 January, 2021 - 3:53 pm

<p>Whatever happened to the disc to digital program that you said microsoft was working on a few years ago? I have a bunch of xbox one discs that I would like to convert into digital copies of the games.</p>

• rambone05

Premium Member
    14 January, 2021 - 4:59 pm

<p>Revisiting a question from a couple of months ago. This is regarding buying a new laptop with a budget of $2K vs the previous $1K. Based on some research the ASUS G14 looks like the best option. Weight and size are important to me. Given what you have seen announced at CES what do you think are some good options for laptops that are less than 4 pounds that are good to play AAA games? I don’t need crazy high specs though. Games I play are warzone, flight simulator, civilization 6. It doesn’t have to be a gaming laptop per say. Just worried that the GPU’s on some of the ultrabooks won’t age well. </p>

• lenalfred

14 January, 2021 - 7:46 pm

<ol><li>Is MSFT still all in with PWAs? </li><li>Do you know if there is an initiative for Android and iOS developers to change from native apps to PWA from Microsoft or any other company? </li><li>If MSFT is pushing this initiative, do you know if MSFT is promoting Azure is the cloud service? I would sell this to developers in this package, "if you move covert your app to a PWA, we will give a discount with premium services if you use Azure. "</li><li>Finally, do you know if the lack of developer response is what triggered MSFT to try to have Android apps run on Windows?</li></ol>

• madthinus

Premium Member
    15 January, 2021 - 2:31 am

<p>If you could install Win32 apps, but they had to be packaged, curated and in the Microsoft repository, why the need for Windows 32 container? Is this version of the Windows OneCore without the API's of Win32?</p><p><br></p><p>Is it fair to say that most of the ideas here in the UI, ie moving things to the action centre is what Sunvalley will bring to normal Windows 10?</p>

• Usman

Premium Member
    15 January, 2021 - 4:19 am

<p>I've played around with the new 10X builds, why does it feel inconsistent/rough if this is meant to be a near-final build?</p><p><br></p>

• simont

Premium Member
    15 January, 2021 - 8:14 am

<p>Do you think there will be a Surface Book with the new AMD 5000 Series chips?</p>

• shark47

15 January, 2021 - 12:50 pm

<p>Hey Brad,</p><p><br></p><p>Is Windows 10X a preview of what Windows 10 will look like later this year or in the near future? Also, curious about why apps run full screen if this OS is for clamshell devices.</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC