Questions for 1/21?

Drop them here.

Conversation 12 comments

• mrpki

20 January, 2022 - 11:46 am

<p>Time for some good B.S. to end the questions this week. It is all about Microsoft buying Activision and Phil Spencer running the Gaming division. With Bobby Kotick leaving Activision after the acquisition is complete, does this mean people like Matt Booty and Bonnie Ross will be promoted to run XBox and become the Activision CEO or vice versa?</p>

• crunchyfrog

20 January, 2022 - 11:49 am

<p>Hi Brad,</p><p><br></p><p>I know you’re an avid iPhone user so naturally you are using an Apple Watch. Have you considered using or reviewing other smartwatches that work with iPhone? There are a lot of compelling devices coming out that have advanced greatly over the last year or two.</p>

• darkclown

20 January, 2022 - 11:54 am

<p>What is the cost of the Activision/Blizzard acquisition in Xbox mini fridges?</p>

• confusedgeek

20 January, 2022 - 11:56 am

<p>Not likely to happen but what if there is a gamepass app on the PlayStation. </p><p><br></p><p>if it were, would the Xbox games be in the PlayStation store also?</p><p><br></p><p>like you currently buy Windows Xbox games via the windows store (duh), but also can get them in steam.</p><p><br></p><p><br></p>

• jnbck

20 January, 2022 - 11:57 am

<p>Happy Friday Brad!</p><p><br></p><p>What’s your take on Win 11 SE? Will MSFT make a serious push into education and take market share from chromebooks with these devices? </p><p><br></p><p>Also curious if you have a rough idea on the market share of types of devices used by K-12 institutions (chromebooks vs. iPads vs. Macbooks vs. traditional Windows laptops vs. Windows for education), especially for situations where the school assigns the devices to the students ?</p>

• Migui

20 January, 2022 - 12:06 pm

<p>I don’t know if you noticed but Microsoft bought Activision Blizzard with a lot of money (I know you already know it xD). So Xbox has studios and games. Do you think that they will buy more studios/companies this year knowing the work and money they have to spend on Activision? And Do you think that regulators will stop this actions arguing that this is leading to a monopoly?. In my honest opinion, I’m very excited with this, I know Xbox and Phill Spenser will make big things with all this talent!!!!</p>

• Tiannam

20 January, 2022 - 1:46 pm

<p>Do you think Microsoft would ever bundle WoW subscriptions into Game Pass? Or would they always keep WoW subscriptions separate?</p>

• sydney2k

20 January, 2022 - 9:42 pm

<p>Hello Brad,</p><p><br></p><p>(hypothetically speaking) I’m a shareholder at Microsoft. I’m not a gamer. Tell me why I should be interested in a $68.7 billion acquisition of some game company, or why I shouldn’t be annoyed that so much money has been spent on a side enterprise at Microsoft. In other words, how will this help my dividend?</p>

• Tourniquet

20 January, 2022 - 10:03 pm

<p>How can Microsoft be so rich and poor at the same time? While Xbox is spending so much money ?, in windows they fired all there QA staff where we all years later still suffer from the consequences.</p><p><br></p><p>Also: how differs the newly created Microsoft gaming org from the Xbox org? Is *entertainment * aka the movies and TV stuff still under gaming now? </p>

• Qnox

21 January, 2022 - 2:36 am

<p>Hey Brad,</p><p><br></p><p>How do you think the Microsoft-Activision deal will go through the regulators? </p><p>Will it be smooth sailing, or are there bumps on the way or even a block?</p>

• usman

Premium Member
    21 January, 2022 - 2:45 am

<p>Have you heard any inside baseball lately around Hololens 2+ / 3, especially given people within the hololens team jumping ship to other AR divisions in Google, Meta?</p><p><br></p><p>Last year there were talks of a refreshed Hololens 2 codenamed Hanami, with a better processing chip than the current Snapdragon 850, which is showing its age especially when you launch chromium edge.</p>

• usman

Premium Member
    21 January, 2022 - 2:57 am

<p>A second question, about the ABK acquisition, when does the 77.5 billion dollars spent on Bethesda and ABK bear its fruit? Is this more of a user acquisition play, to buy their way towards more active users? </p><p><br></p><p>Is there an end goal are Phil, Satya, and the board seeing when it comes to gaming?</p><p><br></p><p>Dropping 68.7 billion is quite a statement to make to the market, what do they see, or in the accounting world is this seen as just free money as Microsoft did recently spend 60 billion on stock buybacks. Since ABK is a fairly profitable public company, is it seen in the same way to bolster their market cap/market share?</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC