Questions for 1 24 20?

Drop them here.

Conversation 12 comments

• MrPKI

23 January, 2020 - 2:23 pm

<p>The last question of the week, as always! Will all Office 365 Pro customers (home, small business and enterprises) be actually switched to using Bing search engine by default without opt-in acknowledgement in their Chrome or Credge browser?</p>

• abrankar

23 January, 2020 - 2:24 pm

<p>Could Microsoft implement Xcloud into Edge or bing, similar to Stadia's implementation in Chrome? </p>

• StevenLayton

23 January, 2020 - 2:39 pm

<p>My Xbox Gold subscription is up for renewal in February, and at £50 a year I'm not sure I'm getting value from it anymore. I rarely play games on the Xbox anymore, and never online when I do. The kids only play games like Minecraft, FIFA and Disney Infinity, again offline. I've got a nice collection of the free games like Lego and Toy Story that the kids will play in the future. Will I lose them if I cancel? What else might I lose by cancelling it that I've not considered?</p>

• a_seeker

Premium Member
    23 January, 2020 - 2:46 pm

<p>I have a 3 year old Surface Book with a bulging battery under the keyboard. Any suggestions on what I should do with it.</p>

• bradwardfight

23 January, 2020 - 3:19 pm

<p>What have you heard about the hard drive situation with Xbox Series X vs PS5. Some are saying they are apples to oranges with different types of hardware. Some are saying XSX taking longer to load games. I am fine with loading times, but could this affect the size and overall scale of games on XSX vs PS5 ? </p>

• eternal shaddai

23 January, 2020 - 3:29 pm

<p>My 2 questions are this, As Google released their Stadia for streaming and Microsoft with their XCloud. Will we see Sony doing the same move as them and re-releasing their Sony Ericsson or other devices to be compatible with their Playstation Now? Will we see Project XCloud on the Surface Duo soon?</p>

• will

Premium Member
    23 January, 2020 - 5:49 pm

<p><span style="background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245); color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">Do you think the Surface Book 3 will be a minor or major refresh? Any idea on specs and when we might expect it?</span></p>

• mooncakes

23 January, 2020 - 7:11 pm

<p>Hey Brad,</p><p><br></p><p>I was thinking to myself about how Xbox is buying all these new studios and wondered with all these new studios and people MS can get more and more developers onto MS software that also helps that side of MS just like how Xbox uses Azure and xcloud with Azure. I really can see MS trying to make every service and product work with one and another to boost the company together which is awesome news for Xbox. Do you think this is the case and could be more of an incentive to pick up a bigger studio? It seems like they want to push people into using Teams and other MS products so idk I could be wrong haha.</p><p><br></p><p>One other question do you think we'll ever see an Xbox branded PC? I honestly don't know why they wouldn't do that I guess maybe they wouldn't want to step on the console but a fully upgradeable PC in a really nice case from MS would be sick, what are your thoughts. </p><p><br></p><p>Thanks, keep being you! </p><p><br></p><p>Edit: have you seen the new "leak" of the XSX and what do you think of it? 😀 <a href="https://twitter.com/Doug_DragoX/status/1220519408310923264&quot; target="_blank">https://twitter.com/Doug_DragoX/status/1220519408310923264</a></p&gt;

• thereverendslim

23 January, 2020 - 7:23 pm

<p>Given that 1) the "debug port" on the Xbox Series X looks to be roughly 31mm x 4mm, 2) that a LinkedIn entry showed Phison's PS5019-E19T controller being developed for or used by the Series X, 3) that Phison's datasheet for that controller shows that it can be used in a CFExpress form factor, and that the dimensions of a Type B CFExpress card are 29.8mm x 3.8 mm… Do you think it's possible that rather than having an internal non-replaceable NVMe-style SSD, they are using Compact Flash Express for the SSD so that you can expand in the future? </p><p><br></p><p>CFExpress has pretty much only been used in high-end digital cameras up to now, but this would make way more sense to me than that being a "debug port".</p>

• deltaprime

23 January, 2020 - 9:57 pm

<p>Hey Brad. A couple of questions this week.</p><p><br></p><p>First, I know most of your sources are in the Microsoft sphere, but do you have any insight in to the rumours that Sony is going to start releasing their PS4 and PS5 exclusives on PC in a similar fashion to what Microsoft has done for a number of years now starting with a PC release of Horizon Zero Dawn in February 2020?</p><p><br></p><p>Second. any word on if the Series X will have greater backwards compatibility with 360 and OG Xbox games than the One X? As someone that's heavily invested in the PC side of the Microsoft ecosystem one thing that could get me to buy a Series X would be if it played more of my classic games collection than my One X.</p>

• madthinus

Premium Member
    23 January, 2020 - 11:21 pm

<p>With the back of the Series X leak, I was wondering if it was a terrible leaker for not removing the barcode/ serial number from the photos or a bad journalist for not protecting the identity of the leaker by covering that? What is the protocol in this situation? </p><p><br></p><p>withe the ports in the middle of the back, where is the motherboard situated?</p>

• team56th

24 January, 2020 - 8:19 am

<p>Have you heard anything about Microsoft's plan to utilize Windows Feature Experience pack? Will we see the Windows Shell and UI elements updated through this pack? If so, when can we expect the first rollout? </p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC