Questions for 1 3 ?

Questions for the podcast tomorrow? Drop them here.

Conversation 15 comments

• MrPKI

02 January, 2020 - 12:24 pm

<p>Microsoft Xbox has purchased a number of studios in the past year, when do you think we will see some exclusive titles appearing?</p>

• matobehr

02 January, 2020 - 12:38 pm

<p>Hi Brad! I have a small theory. What if Lockhart is the codename for the equivalent of the Xbox One X for Xbox Series X? A mid-cycle refresh. Instead of releasing a super powered version of the current console for a higher price, they make what its rumored to be: a lower end, cheaper model for the mainstream and casual consumer base. I understand that it is rumored to be released at launch but what if it isn't? I'm going off the assumptions that Sony is planning a PlayStation 5 Pro and that PS5 and Xbox Series X will launch at $399 and $499 respectively. So PS5 Pro could launch 3-4 years from now at $399 while the base PS5 lowers to $299. What if Microsoft counters by lowering Xbox Series X to $399 and then launches Lockhart (presumably Xbox Series S) at, say, $249? (…$199?!) Any thoughts on this theory of mine?</p>

• jeff.bane

02 January, 2020 - 12:54 pm

<p>Will you redo my basement? </p><p>(Should be easy for you at this point)</p>

• Scott Ross

02 January, 2020 - 3:28 pm

<p>Have you heard anything about Xcloud for Apple Tv? I enjoy playing certain games from the app store or Steam Link, since I can connect my xbox one controller I was hoping X Cloud would come to the apple TV.</p>

• Ingiomar Martina

02 January, 2020 - 4:31 pm

<p>Do you know if Xbox is gonna be on AMDs stage at CES? </p><p><br></p><p>And do you know if Xbox Series X is using RDNA2?</p>

• sydney2k

02 January, 2020 - 7:38 pm

<p>Seasons greetings Brad,</p><p><br></p><p>what Microsoft events are you either going to or closely viewing in the first quarter of 2020?</p>

• akubert

Premium Member
    02 January, 2020 - 8:55 pm

<p>Brad, just wondering if you’ve purchased the Sonos subwoofer to go along with your Sonos speakers. If so, do you recommend it? If not, are you considering one?</p>

• sherlockholmes

Premium Member
    02 January, 2020 - 10:29 pm

<p>Regarding to your post "What Brad uses". After many decades of using Firefox I intend to switch over to Credge. I use the stable version for a while now and I like it. What are you day to day <span style="background-color: rgb(238, 238, 238); color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">experiences with Credge. Is it good for a daily driver? </span></p>

• psychoker

02 January, 2020 - 10:52 pm

<p>Hey Brad happy new year. </p><p><br></p><p>So my question is: Will MS keep the TV&amp;Series service or will it end like the ebooks. And will there be an app to watch the movies on a android phone. Because Windows Phone isnt anymore ? </p><p><br></p><p>Have a grate day ✌️</p>

• madthinus

Premium Member
    03 January, 2020 - 12:32 am

<p>Not really tech per sé, but what is your personal big ticket items for 2020? Not necessarily New Years resolutions, but goals / aim / things you want to see or do in 2020. Any plans for the decade? This question is entirely optional ;-)</p>

• team56th

03 January, 2020 - 1:04 am

<p>Happy new year.</p><p><br></p><p>Now that we know both Lockhart and Anaconda are alive and well, and even the purported specs for both boards, I have one question remaining. Going forward, which of the following boards would power xCloud: Anthem v2(v3?), Lockhart, and Anaconda?</p><p><br></p><p>I'm guessing that xCloud would go full Lockhart in the near future, but what about all the Anthem boards that are already installed in datacenters? Will they power streams for mobile phones only? Is there any chance that Anaconda might power some of the higher-end terminals with big 4K displays?</p>

• jfmr

03 January, 2020 - 1:50 am

<p>Happy New Year Brad!</p><p><br></p><p>Any word on cross-play between generations? Series X vs One X players? I think it would be another big win for them to support this.</p>

• Dataminer49er

03 January, 2020 - 7:14 am

<p>Hi Brad, I have a few questions, one concerning an interview with Phil Spencer, where he states that by dual-purposing the silicon of the next generation hardware for consumer use and for enterprise use, this would allow them to drive down the cost of their service. What does this mean for us the consumers?</p><p><br></p><p>My second question is about Xbox Live gold and if it will be required to play multiplayer games over Xcloud. Google Stadia and PSNow do not require additional fees to play online. If Gold is not required then that would mean Xcloud and PC gamers can use xbox live multiplayer for free, while Xbox console gamers would be forced to pay.</p>

• helix2301

Premium Member
    03 January, 2020 - 8:29 am

<p>I just joined Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) because I travel a lot for work so I have next to no time on the Xbox but I just joined Game Pass for PC for 4.99 month. I wondering if there is anything I should know any cool games. Should I get a Bluetooth controller and wireless headset? Should I just use keyboard and mouse? Sorry been away from gaming for a while.</p><p><br></p>

• davejramos

03 January, 2020 - 9:51 am

<p>Hi Brad, Dave here</p><p><br></p><p>Wishful thinking.</p><p><br></p><p>Wouldn'tit be cool if MSFT bought Firaxis games. It would enhance their gaming coverage on PC and console. Firaxis has fantastic fans, and my favorite – imagine XCOM becoming a brand brought to you by the makers of Xbox and xCloud. That's a lot of X's for a company thats apparently in love with the letter X. </p><p><br></p><p>And then MSFT could begin to bring Firaxis games into Game Pass. That'd be awesome. </p><p><br></p><p>Thanks</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC