Questions for 1/7?

Drop them here.

Conversation 5 comments

• jnbck

06 January, 2022 - 4:47 pm

<p>Happy Friday Brad!</p><p><br></p><p>This is more of a follow-up and PSA regarding a question I had last week about PC game pass for a child account. Sorry it gets a bit long winded but I wanted to explain in full. If you remember, I asked whether I should purchase PC game pass under my own account or under the one set up for my son controlled under the Microsoft family account. I purchased it on his account by buying a $100 gift card and redeeming it under his account and using that to subscribe.&nbsp;</p><p><br></p><p>The problem came when playing EA games. Madden was one of the big titles he wanted to play. EA is very strict regarding child accounts and does not allow underage accounts on the EA Play platform which is included with PC game pass. I spoke with EA and MSFT support on this, and they both told me there is no way around the limitation. Therefore, I had the subscription refunded and then bought it using my account so he can play the EA games.&nbsp;</p><p><br></p><p>The new problem is the $100 gift card has already been “redeemed” by his account and now it’s just sitting in limbo. MSFT tells me there is no way to use it to pay for game pass on the adult account or transfer or refund it. I event tried buying another gift card using it which they also do not allow. As for now, the plan is to just wait it out use it to buy game pass once he turns 13 and is allowed an EA teenage account, if he still wants it at that time.</p><p><br></p>

• sydney2k

06 January, 2022 - 5:37 pm

<p>Happy new year Brad,</p><p><br></p><p>any interesting things that caught your eye at this year’s CES?</p>

• mrpki

06 January, 2022 - 8:25 pm

<p>I am kind of confused on the Ubisoft coming to GamePass on XBox. Are the games included in GamePass or do you have to pay a separate monthly subscription for Ubisoft?</p><p><br></p><p>Now that you are done with the Halo Infinite campaign, are you still playing multi-player or have you gone back to PUBG?</p>

• yoshi

Premium Member
    07 January, 2022 - 7:52 am

<p>Do you think Ubisoft and Microsoft are testing the waters for a possible acquisition in the future? It seemed like rumors were strong for the past year that Microsoft wasn’t done buying studios and I always thought about Ubisoft in that regard. </p>

• Qnox

07 January, 2022 - 8:41 am

<p>Happy 2022, Brad!</p><p><br></p><p>What do you think next Microsoft’s multi-billion acquisition will be and from what sector will it be?</p><p>I personally think it might be another AI-related company, like Nuance or some company to boost another Azure vertical, like Azure for Retail. </p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC