Questions for 1/8?

Questions for the podcast tomorrow? Drop them here

Conversation 8 comments

• bart

Premium Member
    07 January, 2021 - 1:46 pm

<p>Hello Brad. Best wishes for 2021 for you and your family.</p><p><br></p><p>My question is about the News Feed widget in the latest dev build. I can't imagine Microsoft would serve this up to any Enterprise, but could it be we are testing new features for Windows 10X out in the open?</p>

• mrpki

07 January, 2021 - 3:04 pm

<p>Something different this week: are you still using your Duo device? Are any of the Microsoft executives still publicly using and evangelizing the Duo device?</p>

• peter g

07 January, 2021 - 4:37 pm

<p>In regards to your question a couple weeks ago on what I meant by marketplace, The Microsoft Store on Xbox is what I meant, sorry for the confusion. But I was wondering if Microsoft had any plans to bring the The Microsoft Store on Xbox so that non Game Pass games can be purchased and play on Cloud Gaming (I hate that they changed the name, it was a great name now it's lame).</p>

• sydney2k

07 January, 2021 - 5:01 pm

<p>Happy new year Brad,</p><p><br></p><p>this is in reference to something you spoke about last time, regarding presenting in public: what's your TED talk?</p>

• madthinus

Premium Member
    08 January, 2021 - 1:43 am

<p>Happy 2021 Brad.</p><p><br></p><p>So this weeks news of a new news feed applet on the taskbar refers. Is this the price we have to pay to get continued support, looking at ways to monetise Windows more? Or is this a first step to a world with no live tiles and that they are consolidating probably the most useful live tiles into one pane. Is MSN news app, the Money app and Weather apps going away?</p><p><br></p><p>Also, is this a feature pack or experience pack deliverable? I think, and I might not be alone, that 21H1 is just an experience pack upgrade, not a feature release. This could be "it" for 21H1, they have kept the release preview ring and slow rings on 20H2 for a reason.</p>

• Kudupa

08 January, 2021 - 7:43 am

<p>Brad, Happy new year. </p><p><br></p><p>around 2016-17 Dell &amp; few others launched Windows on a stick initiative. I even had a Amazon stick sized one from Dell. </p><p>So here are my questions</p><p>1) What happens to this initiative? Is this completely dead?</p><p>2) What happened to Streaming stick which MS was planning it launch? Dead? </p>

• dremy1011

Premium Member
    08 January, 2021 - 7:53 am

<p>Happy New Year!</p><p><br></p><p>I recently received my new Xbox Series X and I'm plowing through AA batteries for the controller. What does everyone use to power their Xbox controller?</p><p><br></p><p>Thank you!</p>

• jnbck

08 January, 2021 - 8:11 am

<p>You gave a little backstory last time about this show being a shortened Microsoft tech wrap-up that was more of a summarization for Windows Weekly. Do you feel that accurately describes the show still today, or do you have a different path?</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC